Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,261,196 times

Advertisements

ick...

I want something like:

(except obviously with less green and more purple)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 AM

22 posts, read 82,150 times
Build in southern North Minneapolis. It is close enough downtown. Infrastructure is there. It would clean up the area and police definitely would make sure its safe. There are plenty of foreclosures so the land would be cheap. (not a sports fan and NOT happy to pay 10% sales tax on the stadium I'll never go to, but glad both teams are here and a fabric of what is MN)

Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,638,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city eyez View Post
And thats why the dome site is the best location. The Twins stadium will ramp up downtown west and the Vikings stadium will revitalize downtown east.

My research into the Vikings Stadium is far less comprhensive than my research for Target Field.

Is that where they are planning, in East downtown?

I remember the Blaine Horror stories, and even the early days of Bursville plans.

Is there a web site?

What are the hang-ups?

Funding?
Location?
Replacement or new Construction?
Is a total makeover of the Dome out of the idea? or is fixing the dome totally out?

I feel with 2 big jumbo screens and some concession improvements, the dome wouldnt be too bad.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,891,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
My research into the Vikings Stadium is far less comprhensive than my research for Target Field.

Is that where they are planning, in East downtown?

I remember the Blaine Horror stories, and even the early days of Bursville plans.

Is there a web site?

What are the hang-ups?

Funding?
Location?
Replacement or new Construction?
Is a total makeover of the Dome out of the idea? or is fixing the dome totally out?

I feel with 2 big jumbo screens and some concession improvements, the dome wouldnt be too bad.
Minnesota Momentum: Citizens for the Minnesota Vikings Stadium Development Project (http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/index.jsp - broken link)

Old 11-30-2009, 03:37 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,297,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
I would also think that the property the dome occupies would be prime real estate so the sale of that site could also help fund a new stadium.
Silverdome sale price disappoints | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Not that the real estate market in Detroit and Minneapolis are overly comparable, but given this recent sale of a similar dome stadium + land, it may be worth less than you think.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,891,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
ick...

I want something like:

(except obviously with less green and more purple)
LMAO! That is the ugliest stadium I have ever seen in my life!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,261,196 times
I'm focusing more on the cars and miles of cement that surround it. The stadium may be ugly, but this surely ain't:

Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 PM

30 posts, read 85,882 times
^^^Its only like that 8 times a year though.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,638,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Minnesota Momentum: Citizens for the Minnesota Vikings Stadium Development Project (http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/index.jsp - broken link)

LOL

This webiste is horrible.

No wonder why this project can't get any momentum.

I think if the Vikings weren't such jokesters they would have much more support.

Everybody seems to be a Vikings fan.-When they're winning...And if you're a Viking fan, you know that that doesn't happen much....

And no, 9-7 and wildcard births are worthless...Yes, made it to 2 NFC Championship games in 3 seasons...

A superbowl win this year might actually be enough to get the public reeling.

The Twin Cities haven't seen a champion since 1991...There are 20 year olds that don't even remember that championship

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,118,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
LOL

This webiste is horrible.

No wonder why this project can't get any momentum.

I think if the Vikings weren't such jokesters they would have much more support.

Everybody seems to be a Vikings fan.-When they're winning...And if you're a Viking fan, you know that that doesn't happen much....

And no, 9-7 and wildcard births are worthless...Yes, made it to 2 NFC Championship games in 3 seasons...

A superbowl win this year might actually be enough to get the public reeling.

The Twin Cities haven't seen a champion since 1991...There are 20 year olds that don't even remember that championship
What about '92, '94, '98 and '00-were those fake NFC Championships?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul