Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 6,931 times

Advertisements

MplsTodd: Yeah, I think so too. There are a lot of advertising firms out there. The market is indeed tough, but I'm hoping things will clear up within the next few months. It seems to be clearing up a little over here at least. I am going to Minneapolis in early March to check it out. I won't start applying for jobs until Late March, early April though. But I'm going to explore the agencies there and get my name down NO MATTER WHAT!

mnmike: Thank you for your research! It really all just boils down to my salary and living expenses. I may even have to live off doing freelance for a bit and holding a job that doesn't require my degree. I am perfectly fine with that, as long as I am making money. I have no problem waiting for things to get better in the art world. I'm definitely going to apply for jobs in both Minneapolis and Chicago and try to figure out which will be best for me.

I did look at Chicago as my top choice initially but I got really scared 'cause of the prices. Do you think I could ask you questions when I need to figure out the nitty gritty of Chicago? For example, which neighborhoods are safe, which suburb is best to live in terms of commute, etc.? I don't know anything about it. Maybe when I'm in MN, I can somehow arrange a trip to visit Chicago as well but I am not sure.

Thanks again guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 PM

34 posts, read 76,648 times
Certainly, I will answer any questions I can And of course I hope you decide on MPLS, as I love it, and am a big promoter...I Just had to say I think Chicago is a great deal for a big city Rule of thumb for Chicago...most of the best and safest neighborhoods are on the north side, and for Minneapolis it is opposite. Of course there are exceptions in both cases. I don't recommend any suburbs in Chicago...they have basically the worst traffic I have seen! Personally I wouldn't live there unless I was going to be right in the city near transit, then it's great...Just my opinion. If you need to get on the highway there, its awful. Of course I am sure there is a Chicago forum with helpful folks too, but I am glad to offer up my own opinions and experiences from both cities if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul