Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,062 times

Advertisements

I have a pitbull german shepherd mix. The place I was renting from did not have any restrictions. I do not remember my landlords name but I do remember it was through Gerand Properties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,939 times
Red face pitt friendly

Stevens Square Minneapolis...Pitt Friendly. 1815 1st Ave S takes pitts..or anything really. Or...call the owner...he's flexible. Innovative Properties He has multiple properties. Good luck!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,867 times
if anyone could help please... my landlord recently gave all large dog owners a 30 day notice to either find our pets a new home or move out... I have 2 pit bulls and as any pit owner knows even with one it is VERY hard to find a home.. i have tried rent to own everyone I have called they are all for us moving in but as soon as they ask what kinda dogs i have it turns into, " oh im sorry this place is already taken." no apartments will take us and no rental homes will either... please if anyone knows of a place let me know....

Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,306 times
Smile Pit Bull Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sam View Post
Hi!

So I've been searching for 3 weeks now for an apartment anywhere in the Twin Cities including suburbs that do not have breed and size restrictions on dogs. I have a 70lbs pitbull.

I've exchausted Craig's List, called all the animal shelters to see if they have any suggestions and also tried private landlords/homeowners but with no luck.

Any suggestions, apart from the above mentioned and giving him up would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot!!!
Hi, my name is Melissa... I also have a pit bull, and I know what you are going thru trying to find a property that will be willing to rent to you. I know of two apartments (both in St. Paul) if interested; that will rent to you. If you are still looking you can contact me at mareid1124@gmail.com....I will give you the contact information.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:55 PM

60 posts, read 107,575 times
try stevens square

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,142 times
I am looking as well ! For a rental in mpls area even st paul. I have a pitbull and dachshund. Very very frustrated and would take suggestions. They are the zweetest dogs ever!!!! HELP MY PATIENCE IS GETTING SHORT WITH THESE IGNORANT PEOPLE

Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,069,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansmi57 View Post
I am looking as well ! For a rental in mpls area even st paul. I have a pitbull and dachshund. Very very frustrated and would take suggestions. They are the zweetest dogs ever!!!! HELP MY PATIENCE IS GETTING SHORT WITH THESE IGNORANT PEOPLE
There is a big difference between being ignorant and not wanting your home owner's insurance company to drop you because you have a known dangerous breed dog living at your property.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 AM

308 posts, read 893,647 times
OK guys seriously?

first you make a bad decision of owning a fighting breed dog (I really hope this is NOT because it makes you look gangsta?), and then call everyone ignorant and stupid for not renting you their apartments... while you may think your dog is the most harmless puppy on the planet, for all landlords this is a MASSIVE liability issue and a disaster waiting to happen.

I would have to join the overwhelming majority of people and advise you the same thing - either step up and rent a house or the dog has to go.

Last edited by pzrOrange; 07-19-2012 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-15-2017, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 993 times
We have been looking since 2-1 to no avail. Moluccana, that is a great idea and we're going to try that angle...Thanx!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,921,671 times
A relative of mine (who has a pitbull) ended up buying a mobile home so she could keep her beloved companion. Here's another idea: Try to get your dog registered as a therapy dog. Talk to your doctor--many people need their pet companion to cope with anxiety, stress, etc. (wink wink, nudge nudge). I believe it's illegal for rental owners/companies to turn down a medically-prescribed therapy pet. Not just vision-impaired people have dog companions these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul