Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM

2 posts, read 16,054 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I'm a young Black professional who recently relocated to the TC (Maple Grove to be precise). However, the night life here is terrible. Any suggestions about a "decent" middle-class night club/pub where I can hang out and enjoy some music, preferably with an African American flavor? I've done some online searches and everything points to downtown, nothing in the Maple-Grove/Plymouth/Brooklyn Park area. Help me because the nights and week-ends are just getting boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 AM

116 posts, read 343,500 times
Sorry to burst your bubble, but suburbs are BORING places to be on the weekends...not inferior or worse, just not much going on there as far as nightlife. Also, you will be especially hard-pressed to find a place that is predominently black way out there. Take it from me...I lived in Maple Grove for 1 1/2 years and felt so detached from the city that I ended up knee-jerking and moved right downtown.

Go to the city for fun, or be bored. Looks like you have quite the decision...

Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
I concur with Minneapolitan's statement. I'm from the suburbs originally and basically anytime people wanted to go out to a club or something we found somebody to be a designated driver and hightailed it to the city. I live in Minneapolis now and to be quite honest I'll never go back to live in the suburbs.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 AM

787 posts, read 1,695,386 times
LoL The nightlife is terrible because you're in Maple Grove!! Most things are downtown, I believe some stuff may be in Brooklyn Park/Center.

Northstarsoul.com - The African American Resource Guide to Minnesota - Twin Cities Area > Bars/Nightclubs

Also radio stations provide lots of info on what's poppin for the night...KMOJ, B96 et al...

Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
Yeah Maple Grove nightlife is an oxymoron.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 16,054 times
Thanks for the replies. Well, solving one problem brings another...now I need to make friends around (not an easy task here as I read from other threads) so I can have a designated driver.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM

8 posts, read 36,187 times
You have to go to BUNKERS in downtown Minneapolis. I used to work there, and it is very musically oriented, with a large African-American clientele. I actually served Prince there. You'd love it there--I do!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 PM

109 posts, read 307,221 times
Minneapolis is the place to be for the nightlife.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Grover View Post
Thanks for the replies. Well, solving one problem brings another...now I need to make friends around (not an easy task here as I read from other threads) so I can have a designated driver.
Or . . . you could move? At least to somewhere that's on a busline into downtown.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 7,928 times
well im a female new to maple grove but if i dont find any cool people to hang with im takin my butt back to the east coast... anybody interested in showin me minneapolis cuz i love to go clubbin feel free to email me at es_ns@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul