Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
If you look like you have any money there, you will get robbed.
That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM

182 posts, read 511,847 times
this thread just filled up with lol'z...if you think uptown is a crime ridden and drug infested area, you should be living in the boonies.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:31 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times
Quote:
Yes. I'm talking about the formerly artsy and now yuppified area of Minneapolis called "Uptown". If you look like you have any money there, you will get robbed.
And you are an expert because you live in Apple Valley?? Of all places?

Frankly I go out of my way to avoid blandness and sterility. It makes me ill.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:42 PM

628 posts, read 1,437,209 times
Death to yupsters.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:59 PM

383 posts, read 900,913 times
Quote:
And you are an expert because you live in Apple Valley?? Of all places?

Frankly I go out of my way to avoid blandness and sterility. It makes me ill.
Actually, I've only lived in Apple Valley for about a week before I moved back to the Phillips neighborhood, I just forgot to change my location back. But I actually grew up in the Phillips neighborhood. I always used to overhear people on the street around my neighborhood brag about how they took the 21 to Uptown and stole something or mugged some rich person, so yeah, I know about the mugging and theft that happens in Uptown. Keep your assumptions to yourself.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:41 PM

If it bothers you that yuppies have taken over the "formerly" artsy Uptown as much as it seems to have, wouldn't it make more sense for you to join those people in robbing some yupsters so they get the message to get out? Seems like a better idea than complaining about the crime on an online forum that really has no impact on anything.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:23 PM

383 posts, read 900,913 times
Quote:
If it bothers you that yuppies have taken over the "formerly" artsy Uptown as much as it seems to have, wouldn't it make more sense for you to join those people in robbing some yupsters so they get the message to get out? Seems like a better idea than complaining about the crime on an online forum that really has no impact on anything.
*Nods then shakes head and curls lips in a slighting, contemptuous manner*

Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
I have spent a good portion of my life in Uptown and have never been robbed. There are some muggings, but it's really not that big of a problem. Fear of crime is no reason for someone not to move to Uptown.

And Uptown has always been and continues to be more than just one group of people. It's not all rich people, not all yuppies, not all hipsters, not all artists. It's less blue collar now that in what in the past, but there's still some economic diversity.

And I'd be curious to know the ages of those of you complaining about how yuppie the old artsy neighborhood has become. People have been complaining about that for years. My main complaint is how daytime business has died out and left what was once a vibrant daytime destination to be so heavily dominated by evening activity. There's still stores and businesses, of course, and it's a great neighborhood for those of us who prefer city living and like to get around primarily by walking, but it can now feel depressingly quiet during weekdays during daytime hours.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:58 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Quote:
Yes. I'm talking about the formerly artsy and now yuppified area of Minneapolis called "Uptown". If you look like you have any money there, you will get robbed.
UMMMMMMMMM, after you made the post saying that you and your girlfriend call st paul volcano city because houses explode there, you lost all your credibility and I can't take you seriously. Besides, uptown is nothing like you described it as.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
*Nods then shakes head and curls lips in a slighting, contemptuous manner*

Haha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul