Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,677,593 times

Advertisements

Kind of ironic as we live in a state that is on the shores of the USA's biggest lake, home to the USA's largest river, and has more lakes than any other, and a majority of the world's residents will have a tough time even finding water to drink today, regardless if it's contaminated by pollution, human waste, or other bacteria.

Get over the smell and realize that it won't kill you, and think that there are some people that will take sips of water today where it's come down to take a sip of water that could kill you or make you sick, or DON'T take a sip and die of dehydration.

So, think of that when there's a little 'smell' in your water when you're sitting comfortably in Uptown Minneapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 603 times
Default fishy tasting water Dec 2011

Is it just me or does anyone else taste fishy tap water lately? I've read about the causes and know it's not supposedly harmful, just unpleasant.
I'm just curious. Anyone else notice this?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:27 AM

411 posts, read 992,529 times
No

Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozad View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else taste fishy tap water lately? I've read about the causes and know it's not supposedly harmful, just unpleasant.
I'm just curious. Anyone else notice this?
No. It only happens in the spring and in the cities that get their water from the Mississippi rather than wells. The smell comes from an algae bloom in the spring. It has nothing to do with pollution or anything like that. I don't think it's warm enough to happen now, though we've had some near spring weather. In any event, I haven't noticed it.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,657,093 times
I noticed dirty, smelly water in North Minneapolis a few days ago. We had a short warmish spell in the past week, so it's possible the water situation is weather related. Our water is fine now.

Minneapolis has put a lot of time, energy and money into their water works over the last several years, and Mpls tap water is generally very good.

If you are continuing to have water issues, go to the Mpls Public Works Department "Report Water Issues" page and get that information out to the people that can do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul