Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,878,949 times

Advertisements

I get the pizza thing (it's such a hometown bias, esp. in Chicago and NYC), but it's not that bad compared to some places. Anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon has horrendous pizza on average. I used to live in St. Louis and they put American cheese on most pizza! In Columbus, OH they put provalone on most pizza, and I've heard nothing but bad things about pizza in Miami. We get a LITTLE bit of what Chicago can give you, but don't most NYC'ers think Chicago pizza sucks? If so, you may have to start your own restaurant or something, and when you do let us know so we can get a taste of the "best pizza on the planet" ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 PM

191 posts, read 349,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I used to live in St. Louis and they put American cheese on most pizza!
Ick! No thanks.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:14 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times

There's a fool proof diet! That would cure my pizza addiction - FAST!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post

There's a fool proof diet! That would cure my pizza addiction - FAST!
I'm just picturing a pizza place employee unwrapping kraft singles and carelessly throwing them on top of a pizza pie, gross.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM

191 posts, read 349,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I'm just picturing a pizza place employee unwrapping kraft singles and carelessly throwing them on top of a pizza pie, gross.

hahaha....and using Spaghetti-O's for sauce!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Ew!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:53 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
You should try Punch Neapolitan Pizza in Highland. They handmake their pizzas right there in front of you and bake them in a woodfire oven. Their food is AWESOME!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple2MiniApple View Post
rent is a not a big deal..used to pay 4k per month in NYC. so i am assuming it has to be cheap in MPLS.
Well cheap can mean many, many things, but yea, MPLS is WAY cheaper then NYC, but that isnt saying much.

Here are some of the big highrise apartments in MPLS I know of off the top of my head or big tall buildings or whatever you wish to call them

Marquette Place Apartments For Rent in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com
One Ten Grant Apartments For Rent in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com
The Churchill Apartments For Rent in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

As you can see, they are all much cheaper then 4k.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
I'd try the North Loop or Downtown East, close to the river, which is also known as the Mill District.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:10 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,095,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I get the pizza thing (it's such a hometown bias, esp. in Chicago and NYC), but it's not that bad compared to some places. Anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon has horrendous pizza on average. I used to live in St. Louis and they put American cheese on most pizza! In Columbus, OH they put provalone on most pizza, and I've heard nothing but bad things about pizza in Miami. We get a LITTLE bit of what Chicago can give you, but don't most NYC'ers think Chicago pizza sucks? If so, you may have to start your own restaurant or something, and when you do let us know so we can get a taste of the "best pizza on the planet" ;-)
Most Minneapolitans in my experience (myself included in the number) think Chicago pizza sucks.

Probably because it does. Ten inches of dough topped with crappy red sauce that doesn't taste and some sausage? Yuk.

I know the pizza here is not up-to-snuff with New York, but I think you are right to say that we have a *lot* to be thankful for compared to a lot of other places...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul