Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert98 View Post
I have lived in the Mill City District for 2 years. I RARELY see people of color in my neighborhood. I'm disapointed more of them don't enjoy the riverfront parks. I get the income thing. But why not visit a park even if you don't live there? I have been to plays at the Guthrie that were FREE. And not one monority in attendance. What does this mean??
It doesn't surprise me, The Guthrie caters to middle to upper class whites. In regards to parks, I think people tend to frequent parks they live by. The population that lives near the Mill City district is predominantly white. It isn't like people of color don't go to parks at all, try going to Powderhorn Park or Elliot Park. Both parks attract a very diverse crowd.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,113,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Saying that Minneapolis is "mostly white" doesn't deny the existence of minorities in the city. Minneapolis is predominately white. In fact, the white population has increased in Minneapolis. A true racially diverse city has no racial majority. Obviously, Minneapolis doesn't apply to that statement. White Americans make up over 60% of the city's population.
I'd be curious if any city in the US would meet that definition. Atlanta is majority black, for example.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,053 times
Well i am moving to St. PAUL JUNE 1ST AND I REALLY DON'T CARE WHO WALKS AROUND AND I AM BLACK.....I LOVE ANYONE THAT LOVES ME......WHEN U DIE AND THEY BURY U... DO U KNOW WHAT IS THE RACE OF THE PERSON U WILL BURIED NEXT TO?....JUST SAYIN....I'M COMING TO GO TO SCHOOL HOPE I FIND THE RIGHT NEIGHBORHOOD TO LIVE THOUGH I LIKE PEACE...JUST MY OPIONION

Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slig View Post
it doesn't surprise me, the guthrie caters to middle to upper class whites. In regards to parks, i think people tend to frequent parks they live by. The population that lives near the mill city district is predominantly white. It isn't like people of color don't go to parks at all, try going to powderhorn park or elliot park. Both parks attract a very diverse crowd.

me being an african american i had to be introduced to the arts because growing up i never was....so, i was by a friend of mine who happens to be white....actually i feel in love with the lakefront, parks, and museums that we frequented in chicago, however this i do know i would not have ever thought to just go on my own.. We usually like to hang around the area we are comfortable in unless we have a reason or invitation to go out and venture.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:24 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,333,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I'd be curious if any city in the US would meet that definition. Atlanta is majority black, for example.
Oakland does.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:29 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,662,264 times
This is a 4 year old thread, and it's bogus besides. Why bring it up now?

AND ARE YOU USING A TELETYPE STOP ...
DO YOU KNOW THAT KEY ABOVE THE SHIFT THAT SAYS "CAPS LOCK" STOP ...
PUSH IT NOW STOP ...

ah, that's better...

Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,996,960 times
Default Love Them Blondes ! Quite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Spooked?? That seems awful strange. Why?

It is a beautiful day...WHO CARES WHAT RACES OF PEOPLE ARE WALKING AROUND THE LAKE?? Just enjoy the day.

We are a mostly white city in a mostly white state. It is nothing to be "spooked" about. And for those of you reading this post from other states...we do have a fair amount of blondes, BUT it is far from "most".
TimtheGuy !!! ... BRAVO !

Indeed ... Thank you for providing such a logical and intelligent response for those unfortunate blighters who appear to be so bloody consumed with "Race" & "Color" !

Some of these mates seemingly have got " Skin Color" embedded into their lil' brains and nothing else will fit inside !

If a bloke in the States ain't satisfied with the color arrangement whats already here ... do some research and move to a blinkin location that meets your druthers ... Egypt was a jolly good visit in 2009 and from what I recollect ... would be perfect for those blighters who have any complaints !

Ta / Ole Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM

927 posts, read 2,469,096 times
Minneapolis is mostly white so of course you are going to see mostly whites walking around the lakes.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,728,803 times
How do these old threads get resurrected?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 PM

166 posts, read 391,952 times
Here's my observation.

Calhoun = younger crowed, people watching, sun bathing, cruising around, game/sports of some sort, possible hook up place and of course diverse. plus a lot more skin and show offs.

Harriet = middle aged folks, babies in strollers, married couples, to get their exercise, and less diverse.

Isles = senior citizens, slow walks, almost all white

That being said I'd much prefer Harriet and Isles and i'm black and I don't agree with the original post. There are some black folks around Harriet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul