Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,351,545 times

Advertisements

By no means have I EVER claimed that Rochester is grand. It is a good place to live and is not for everyone.

When people who obviously have never been to Rochester or have spent very little time exploring Rochester make statements that are false, I will make sure that the OP knows the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
By no means have I EVER claimed that Rochester is grand. It is a good place to live and is not for everyone.
Nobody ever said Duluth was grand either, so I don't know where you got that from.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,707,161 times
Does the Rochester baseball team draw decent crowds?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
^
Actually I've never been to Rochester, so that's kind of lame of me, but I can say that Rochester has better roads than Duluth
Well ya Rochester does have better roads.
I have spent time in both and Duluth is better and more unique, and both are better then St. Cloud Though seriously, St. Cloud isn't that bad, not as bad as I and other people make it out to be. Though I will still say St. Cloud isn't as good as Rochester or Duluth.

Rochester is growing and is looking pretty great, but Duluth still has the better location and such.

Rochester is looking great as seen in this video

YouTube - Highway Tour of Rochester, MN

Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Well ya Rochester does have better roads.
I have spent time in both and Duluth is better and more unique, and both are better then St. Cloud Though seriously, St. Cloud isn't that bad, not as bad as I and other people make it out to be. Though I will still say St. Cloud isn't as good as Rochester or Duluth.

Rochester is growing and is looking pretty great, but Duluth still has the better location and such.

Rochester is looking great as seen in this video

YouTube - Highway Tour of Rochester, MN

Nice, I think had there not been a recession and a housing boom, St. Cloud would be looking at a population for the 2010 census at around 80,000-85,000. The city was booming from 2000-2005. (Same can be said for millions of other towns) But St. Cloud still remained pretty solid well into the recession starting in mid 2007 (early 2007, late 2006 to pros, lol) St. Cloud busted pretty bad, but South St. Cloud and the towns of Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Rice and Wait Park all had decent gains in population and housing, but that has been halted too.

St. Cloud is looking pretty though. In the midst of a recession they have completed a new library, police headqtrs, civic center expansion, hwy 23 bridge improvement, and not to mention the improvements around SCSU with the Coborn Plaza. this is a good thing. this means when the economy finally turns around and starts putting people to work and cities again have money, the town doesnt have to waste it on things that will call for higher construction and material and borrowing costs.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
St. Cloud is looking pretty though. In the midst of a recession they have completed a new library, police headqtrs, civic center expansion, hwy 23 bridge improvement, and not to mention the improvements around SCSU with the Coborn Plaza. this is a good thing. this means when the economy finally turns around and starts putting people to work and cities again have money, the town doesnt have to waste it on things that will call for higher construction and material and borrowing costs.
Ya St. Cloud is looking good and definitely is much better then other cities. All of those new things are great and are definitely making the city better. The city definitely isn't bad or anything, its just I personally don't care for it, but I would much rather live here then Willmar or Hutchinson or Redwood Falls. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of those cities, I just personally prefer bigger cities and metros, and I want to attend college down in Minneapolis or somewhere in the twin cities, which is more my type of city/area

Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Ya St. Cloud is looking good and definitely is much better then other cities. All of those new things are great and are definitely making the city better. The city definitely isn't bad or anything, its just I personally don't care for it, but I would much rather live here then Willmar or Hutchinson or Redwood Falls. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of those cities, I just personally prefer bigger cities and metros, and I want to attend college down in Minneapolis or somewhere in the twin cities, which is more my type of city/area
I just wish St. Cloud had something unique there that sticks out to draw and keep people there. The River is pretty cool and so is Musinger Gardens, but it's not a very big touristy type draw.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,351,545 times
Quote:
Nobody ever said Duluth was grand either, so I don't know where you got that from.
I said I didn't think it was grand in character and architecture. There was never anything about anyone else thinking or saying it was.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:07 PM

100 posts, read 253,543 times
Quote:
^
Actually I've never been to Rochester, so that's kind of lame of me, but I can say that Rochester has better roads than Duluth
Well, some third world countries probably have better roads than Duluth...

As for St. Cloud, I'm guessing its too dependent on the Twin Cities.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I just wish St. Cloud had something unique there that sticks out to draw and keep people there. The River is pretty cool and so is Musinger Gardens, but it's not a very big touristy type draw.
Ya I wish there was something unique also. The Munsinger gardens are cool, but its not that big of a draw like you said. That and the fact its close to the Twin Cities is why people like me don't personally care for it that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota