Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,655,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
the welfare epidemic in our country?
Get the Gummint outta my Medicare!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
Corporate welfare dwarfs social programs, professors.

So, you're on the same team as lobbyists. Take a shower. You smell funny.

The avg recipient of Welfare these days is a rust belt worker who lost their job when Shrub spent 8yrs giving tax breaks to business to send jobs overseas.

You folks dead for the shrub 8yr debacle or just have a selective memory?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
Get the Gummint outta my Medicare!
WW2 Vets are on Medicare... so the Reich Wingnuts doesn't support Vets?

Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Corporate welfare dwarfs social programs, professors.

So, you're on the same team as lobbyists. Take a shower. You smell funny.

The avg recipient of Welfare these days is a rust belt worker who lost their job when Shrub spent 8yrs giving tax breaks to business to send jobs overseas.

You folks dead for the shrub 8yr debacle or just have a selective memory?

Farm bill expenditures.............over 67% of all expenditures of the Farm Bill goes for nutritional aid

A very tiny per cent of the farm bill goes for subsidies and those who recieve them have their name, address, and $$$ amount made public.

The people who recieve food stamps / debit card can buy lobster and still remain anonymous.

Can't allow any stigma to be associated with welfare.
That would be cruel.............SARC

Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,041 times
I have an idea, how about we cut the normal welfare AND the corporate welfare? Don't even get me started on "quantitative easing" because I will flip sh*t.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:15 AM

198 posts, read 483,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
I have an idea, how about we cut the normal welfare AND the corporate welfare? Don't even get me started on "quantitative easing" because I will flip sh*t.
^^This. Believe it or not, it is possible to be appalled both by welfare cheats (individual and corporate) and an easy money policy at the Fed.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:01 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
On a different city-data forum, there was discussion about people using their food stamp/debit card to buy lobster.

Amazing how many posters saw nothing wrong with it and many stated----" poor people are entitled to enjoy a luxury now and then "

Sorry folks...........if you can't afford to feed your family you are not entitled to any luxury.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,655,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_22 View Post
Believe it or not, it is possible to be appalled both by welfare cheats (individual and corporate) and an easy money policy at the Fed.
That's right. What bothers me about the individual "welfare cheat" issue coverage, though, is that the numbers we're talking about are chicken scratch next to the wholesale destruction of the economy at the hands of the very people who benefit the most from said economic system.

No matter what KSTP says, that's where the big time corruption is going on ... and currently, we are powerless to do anything about it.

Last edited by audadvnc; 11-17-2010 at 10:45 AM..

Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,041 times
Well if you want to do something about it, register as a Republican and vote for Ron Paul in the GOP presidential primary.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM

166 posts, read 391,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
That welfare fraud is disgusting! People shouldn't be ripping off society to support their lazy asses. I'm 100% with you there.

But, in related news - the Federal Reserve is initiating yet another, $900 Billion, "quantitative easing", by purchasing Treasury Notes from - ready for this? - Goldman Sachs. Yes, of course they could buy directly from the Treasury (just like you and I would do), rather than paying the GS commission, but what's the fun of that?

And who in the Fed is behind this program? The head of the New York Fed, who, coincidentally, was previously a partner at ... what financial giant? Where do you think?

Oh, and by the way, why is the Fed considering this "quantitative easing"? Because the last time they threw a Trillions Bucks plus at their banker pals - nothing happened anywhere, except for huge surpluses on the bank balance sheets. So they're doing the same thing, all over again. This time it's gotta work, for sure!

Who's cheating the system? And how many welfare Cadillacs can you buy with $900 Billion? Considering you'd be buying wholesale, about 30-50 million of 'em. Totally pimped out, with spinners, fuzzy dice, underside neon lights, hydraulic suspension, the works! (Hey, 30-50 million - isn't that about the size of the long term unemployment figure? Huh, another coincidence...)

Look at this guy. He probably pimped out his ride using food stamps. God knows we only need to worry about waste and fraud at the bottom levels of society, right?
lol typical stereotyping! The person on the picture happen to be Xzibit, who happend to be multimillionaire rapper, actor, tv show (pimp my ride on mtv) host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota