Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 AM

2,107 posts, read 4,638,818 times

Advertisements

Many have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Some may say that it is the best meal also, I agree with this.

Where are some of the best places that you have been when eating the best breakfast you have ever had??

Maybe a small cafe in Europe, or London, but where was the best breakfast that you have ever had?

Do you eat there often?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 AM

267 posts, read 562,180 times
While I can't say that they have the best food - my favorite experience for breakfast continues to be Al's Breakfast in Dinkytown. I haven't been there in a few years but I loved the place in college and took my daughter there before she went to the "U" to get her into the experience (which she now loves).

The whole thing starts when you get there - how many people are in line? The dread if the line goes way out the door. Then you cram into the tiny place waiting with anticipation as you are squeezed in behind the other eaters hoping that they eat quickly. The smells, the ambiance and the old cooktop with sizzling potatoes and large pancakes getting cooked.

Dang - I think I need to get over there again soon!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,843,627 times
Maui - a open air cafe on the pacific - the restaurant had no menu (varied daily) and was amazing. One day we will be back!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,552,613 times
Sunday brunch at the Del Coronado in San Diego. AMAZING.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,471,678 times
Best breakfast ever for me = getting served a steaming spicy plate of authenthic Mexican chilaquiles. If I'm not getting this at home, the 2nd best option is to find a small family owned cocina economica which can be found dispersed throughout many Mexican towns. Unfortunately as of yet I have been unable to find anything comparable in the United States

Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,272,015 times
Hau Tree Restaurant at the Otani Hotel on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki Beach. Very unrushed, best coffee ever, unbeatable outdoor ambience, huge Portugese sausage links and fresh sweet Hawaiian bread. Walked the beach down here every morning for a great start to a wonderful vacation.

http://www.oceanwedding.com/images/p...tion_hau_1.jpg

Best Minnesota breakfast is enjoying the Lake Superior view from the deck at Superior Shores Resort in Two Harbors with a big bowl of Indian Poridge.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM

256 posts, read 589,306 times
I stayed at a bed and breakfast where we were served french toast made from croissants.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:55 AM

1,936 posts, read 5,869,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Maui - a open air cafe on the pacific - the restaurant had no menu (varied daily) and was amazing. One day we will be back!
I think I've been to the same, and the breakfast there would definitely be up at the top of my list. The place we were at I believe had something written on a chalkboard (either daily specials or a menu of sorts), long lines, very small/cramped, on a famous beach (would have to look at a map to remember which one), and specialized in/was well-known for its pancakes (and very interesting varieties made with fruits and nuts). I'll have to dig up the name but it was great.

My favorite no-frills everyday place is Emily's Cafe here in the Victory Neighborhood. Great long-time family-owned establishment and very affordable! Milda's Cafe, off Glenwood on the Northside, has always been another favorite and has great food (probably a toss-up as to which one I like more).

Old 01-29-2011, 11:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,272,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
I think I've been to the same, and the breakfast there would definitely be up at the top of my list. The place we were at I believe had something written on a chalkboard (either daily specials or a menu of sorts), long lines, very small/cramped, on a famous beach (would have to look at a map to remember which one), and specialized in/was well-known for its pancakes (and very interesting varieties made with fruits and nuts). I'll have to dig up the name but it was great.
Sounds like you two might be describing the restaurant at the Pioneer Inn located in Lahaina which we were enjoying one year ago last Tuesday....

Old 01-29-2011, 05:12 PM

1,936 posts, read 5,869,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Sounds like you two might be describing the restaurant at the Pioneer Inn located in Lahaina which we were enjoying one year ago last Tuesday....
Close but no cigar Ghengis (for me anyways- we did stay at the Royal Lahaina, however). Looked it up and our place is just called "The Gazebo"- part of the Napili Shores Resort. Amazing pancakes.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota