Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:34 PM

102 posts, read 622,207 times

Advertisements

Actualy, elfyum, I haven't considersd moving at all because I'm still in high school!!! When I'm older I'll live in a magical place where there is no such thing as "winter", and the fall/spring season rarely goes below 80! Florida would be a possibility, except then you have to worry about hurricanes ripping through your house every year. By the way, how do you Floridans take the hurricanes anyway? Yeah, I hate it when it goes below 80, but the 100's are pretty intense, but I guess you adjust to certain climates, although it's pretty hard to adjust to below 0 like it is here in the winters! It's good to know you're not the only one who loves warm weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 03:36 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
I am fortunate to live where I always wanted to live....I am in the weather forecasting and always wanted to live as far north as possible after growing up in Kentucky. The doctor says I may have a form of reverse SAD....as I have always disliked the spring and the "greening" of things and always loved fall when the days get shorter. I take a lot of grief from family and friends on this....and cant for the life of me why someone would think sunny and 85 is nice....but I try to grin and bear the summer knowing that below zero weather is coming up. Especially up here in the northern Red River valley where it is much colder than the cities. It takes all kinds....granted more people like warm than cold and hence Florida and Texas have more people than North Dakota.

Dan

Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM

66 posts, read 828,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmweather! View Post
Actualy, elfyum, I haven't considersd moving at all because I'm still in high school!!! When I'm older I'll live in a magical place where there is no such thing as "winter", and the fall/spring season rarely goes below 80! Florida would be a possibility, except then you have to worry about hurricanes ripping through your house every year. By the way, how do you Floridans take the hurricanes anyway? Yeah, I hate it when it goes below 80, but the 100's are pretty intense, but I guess you adjust to certain climates, although it's pretty hard to adjust to below 0 like it is here in the winters! It's good to know you're not the only one who loves warm weather!
I'm sure the floridans take the hurricanes just like we do in louisiana. when it comes everyone gets together and throws a big party like idiots instead of getting there butts out of town. people just rather kick back on their beer and ride out the hurricane instead of taking safety precautions. if you like the heat, then louisiana would be a suggestion for you. the secret is to just make sure you are atleast 40 or 50 miles above the gulf and you should be safe from the hurricane knocking down your house. it stays in the 80's or above probably 3/4 of the year over here. I personally don't see how anyone could stand baking in 100 degree weather. if i stay outside for more than 30 minutes i'm all sunburnt and peel the next day cuz of the heat. Plus, they have lots of crime and poverty down here. you're lucky where you're at....you should stay there.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 PM

102 posts, read 622,207 times
That's okay DaninEGF, everyone can have their own opinion on how they like the weather, but people who like the opposite weather never understand why. Most of the people I know think the 60's are moderate, but I feel like a few degrees colder and it would be freezing level! I know someone who loves it in the 20's, but that seems absolutely insane to me! Don't worry, I've got absolutely nothing against you, I just can't take the cold! But you go however far north you want, this is america!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:28 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Hey DaninEGF! We should change our screen names - you could be Snow Miser, & I'll be Heat Miser!

"They call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch, starts to melt in my clutch-I'm too much!"

(What's EGF by the way? East Grand Forks, no?)

Old 09-08-2006, 09:27 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Yep....EGF East Grand Forks....I work over in Grand Forks.....moved to the area in 1998 just after the flood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota