Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,067 times

Advertisements

I'm about to relocate to Rochester for my new job there very soon. As I grew up in a warm/south place, I'm very concerned about the winter season over there. I'm wondering is there some apartment directly connected to subway/skyway system of Rochester? So at least I can still have a walk in a winter stormy day... Thanks for anyone willing to share some experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,352,442 times
I don't know specific names of all the rental places downtown (if they all even have names), but you can find lots of places that while they may not be directly connected, they are probably within a block of an entrance to the subway system. I think the Civic Center apartments are pretty close. I know of at least 2 other places that are literally across the street from a Mayo building but again I don't know the names.

Check out rent.com as I think you can find the Civic Center apartments there as well as others. Check out the postbulletin.com and Craig's list. If there is any chance you are visiting Rochester before you move here, look around downtown for signs. If your new job is with Mayo, contact Human Resources. They should have info available too. If you want to work with a realtor who also does rentals, check out www.jonespy.com for listings or for more information.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2011, 05:05 PM

169 posts, read 526,581 times
One I could think of is the new 318 Commons, but not sure if it's open to Non-U of M students.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM

10 posts, read 24,486 times
The Holiday Inn has rentals available above the hotel. I'm not sure who you would talk to about that, but its something to look into. Also look into oakwood broadway plaza. Hope that helps

Old 09-01-2011, 06:16 PM

988 posts, read 1,829,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mptc View Post
The Holiday Inn has rentals available above the hotel. I'm not sure who you would talk to about that, but its something to look into. Also look into oakwood broadway plaza. Hope that helps
Are you talking about the one that was on Broadway? I'm not very familiar with Rochester, but I do want to warn the OP it's no longer a Holiday Inn Express hotel. The chain took the franchise off that property. If you want to look it up, they seem to now be calling themselves "Rochester City Centre Hotel", and what you'd want to look up.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 PM

10 posts, read 24,486 times
Yes, Thank you. I couldn't think of what they were calling it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota