Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:38 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,693 times

Advertisements

We could raid the relatively small amount of money kept by Indian tribes; or we could fund the entire system en masse with a .5% sales tax increase like every other civilized city in the nation. We could fund a rail line to Duluth with 1/10th of what is spent on The Crosstown, Wakouta Bridge or the useless bridge they want to build over the river in Chaska. The money is still there, but we wantonly choose to spend it trying to build our way out of automobile congestion. A simple trip to Atlanta or Los Angeles could show Molnau and Bell that it won't work. Why are you trying to impose some arbitrary ultimatum that we have to fund one by taking from the other? Don't play me as the hypocrite, I'm not.

Last edited by Minnehahapolitan; 12-11-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
The money is still there, but we wantonly choose to spend it trying to build our way out of automobile congestion. A simple trip to Atlanta or Los Angeles could show Molnau and Bell that it won't work. Why are you trying to impose some arbitrary ultimatum that we have to fund one by taking from the other? Don't play me as the hypocrite, I'm not.
Yeah, the highway is 12 or 14 lanes wide(6-7 each direction) in some parts of Atlanta and still congested.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:16 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapGuy View Post
Here's some data for your review from accepted sources, you should be able to extrapolate from these.

http://www.startribune.com/local/11244851.html (broken link)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259761,00.html
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/node/2517
Hey, Mapguy... If you're gonna spam the forums here, at least make the effort to format your postings properly.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 15,566 times
I believe the urban sprawl will slow down if not go stagnent. Bloomington is built out, knowhere else to put new development. The same goes for your first ring suburbs, and zoning laws in many townships will not allow for dense housing developments. I think the trend will switch and people will head back to the inner rings and Mnpls. and St. Paul will see developments aimed at making a community within a community. When you think about it, how often do you travel to another suburb if everything you need is in your own. You are seeing a trend where condos are bieng built above retail stores and restaurants. If you have ever been to Rome you see it everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota