Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,190,676 times

Advertisements

A few years ago, I was still living in International Falls, and we had a group of guys come up from the Twin Cities trying to recruit for their "gang" Twin City Soldiers I think they called themselves? TCS graffiti popped up a few places. They were there a couple months, and yea, caused a bit of trouble here and there. Then the local farmer boys beat the crap out of them one too many times and they went home. They mostly got laughed at when they started talking. I thought they were incredibly stupid to even go that far north and try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,026,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shimmer View Post
A few years ago, I was still living in International Falls, and we had a group of guys come up from the Twin Cities trying to recruit for their "gang" Twin City Soldiers I think they called themselves? TCS graffiti popped up a few places. They were there a couple months, and yea, caused a bit of trouble here and there. Then the local farmer boys beat the crap out of them one too many times and they went home. They mostly got laughed at when they started talking. I thought they were incredibly stupid to even go that far north and try.
I assume they were a white gang? Certainly you aren't going to find too many people other than those of European heritage in International Falls.

(That's a funny story, by the way)

Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,655,256 times
Street gangs are normally just kids acting out, they get into mischief with a can of spray paint then go home and laugh it off. If grumpy old Audadvnc gets "F#CK!!!" sprayed on his garage, he replies in kind and paints over it. No harm no foul.

I only worry when the drugs & guns start showing up together. Then the MPD gets called in.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
There are a very few real gangs outside Minneapolis and St. Paul.

The cities are actually really cracking down on gangs which is great. The Sinaloa Cartel which was the main supplier of Meth and Coke to the Twin Cities but the DEA has been really cracking down on the Cartel.

One guy had stash houses in Brooklyn Park and Richfield and transported drugs all across MN and ND who thankfully was caught.

Today the Cartels arent as bad here. I think most of them do business in Chicago (Price of Drugs much higher compared to MN) and St. Louis (Hub city for trafficking) so today im guessing most of the hardcore gangs in both Chicago and St Louis come up here and sell to a more low key gang and go back home.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 AM

19 posts, read 35,284 times
Honestly all of Minnesota is pretty good. I'd say the worst areas are Brooklyn Park/Center and parts of Minneapolis.

I'm a country boy though; I don't like "thugs" and am content to keep moving whenever they get near.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,869,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
What a joke.

The only gangsters are the ones coming from elsewhere to sell drugs.
They stick out like a sore thumb and are arrested in a short time just to be replaced by the next idiot who will also end up in jail.

Duluth is to small to have any real "gang" presents.
They have been trying for years.
Drug sales is the only reason we see any of them.

The cops know the players , you won't know the players with out a program.
I am pretty darn sure there are gangs/mobs in Duluth. It's a major inland port, for one, which almost always attracts corruption. I believe I've heard something about Duluth being one of the entry-ways for narcotics into this state, other than Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Is it a major problem though? Not at all.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,165,670 times
Duluth is still a small town, any gang activity sticks out like a sore thumb.

The port is not used to run drugs in from Canada it's easier to just drive across the border. Meany roads still don't have a border cheek points. The lake and it's unpredictable weather and the cold of winter really dentures any drug trafficking using a boat.

Duluth isn't a route a smuggler would use. It's to out of the way.

Yes, they do try to set up shop, but the cops know the locals, so anyone new who is new and dealing is picked up rather quickly.

A small presents if any usually they just want to recruit but most of them just end up fighting with the locals and leave town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I am pretty darn sure there are gangs/mobs in Duluth. It's a major inland port, for one, which almost always attracts corruption. I believe I've heard something about Duluth being one of the entry-ways for narcotics into this state, other than Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Is it a major problem though? Not at all.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:52 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,165 times
Several times in the past several years there have been stories in the news of drugs coming into MN through the BW so there are drug gangs in the north using the border as routes but they usually get caught.

There were just a large bust a few weeks ago or less shortly after the big fire up there of a drug gang getting busted trying to smuggle the drugs in using that route, this year last year year before, so it is happening alot of times

Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,165,670 times
Trafficking is everywhere.
It's different than having a "gang" in town.
As I said they do use some rural routs.
Yes, they do try to cross in using the BWCA
It's a long route in the summer and it's a non-motorized area also so that is a deterrent. So is the lack of road access.
In the winter snowmobile traffic is easily monitored.

Did you know the area(bwca) is covered by seismic monitors.

In the summer they tried to use boats to cross lake superior
With limited luck.
The winter weather really makes this route a tough one..

But as the op and the title asks street gangs in your town.
so I don't see the smugglers or mules as having any street presents as the drugs are not bound for Duluth.

Last edited by snofarmer; 10-26-2011 at 09:54 AM..

Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,165 times
Routes up there some are motor allowed and the routes are nourmerous and short to paddle from Canada to MN in many different areas also drugs coming in from the north is a huge problem for law enforcement.

You will hear quite often of drug busts in the northland many of significant size it happens quite often in and around Duluth in fact there have been several meth houses raided in Duluth in the past several years.

Just in the past several weeks there was a huge drug bust in a State Forest not far from here, another instance about 20 arrests were made near here for drug busts we are talking major, so if these are not drug gangs operation then what is the definition of a gang??

Last edited by demtion35; 10-26-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota