Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 PM

124 posts, read 236,781 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!

I am a 25 year old, young professional female in the process of potentially accepting a job at THE VA in St. Cloud. I was wondering where would be a a good area to live? I am willing to pay between 500 and 750 dollars for a one bedroom apt or condo. I would prefer where I live to be upscale and I am willing to pay extra for that. Also safety of the area is VERY important.

What is the general "feel" of St. Cloud?

Basically, what advice would you give a young woman that is moving to St. Cloud?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 PM

58 posts, read 150,319 times
Generally the south side of St. Cloud and Sartell are the nicest areas and that's where you find the nicest apartments. A lot of the city is focused around the university (St. Cloud State) which is the 2nd largest college in MN. Personally I wouldn't live in St. Cloud if I was 25. The city seems to be good for college students and people who have lived in the area for generations and have a family. There is not much to do for people your age, only for younger people and families.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppa12 View Post
Generally the south side of St. Cloud and Sartell are the nicest areas and that's where you find the nicest apartments. A lot of the city is focused around the university (St. Cloud State) which is the 2nd largest college in MN. Personally I wouldn't live in St. Cloud if I was 25. The city seems to be good for college students and people who have lived in the area for generations and have a family. There is not much to do for people your age, only for younger people and families.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
What are your other options? I'm not a big fan of St. Cloud either but in the current economy I'd rather work in St. Cloud than be unemployed somewhere else. If you get really bored there it's a relatively short drive to the Twin Cities where there's alot more to see and do.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
With 3 colleges/universities in the St. Cloud area there are plenty of young professionals living in St. Cloud. It is a nice area. The area around the VA and the hospital is very lovely. Anything on the Waite Park side of town is also nice. If you want a smaller town feel, St. Joseph is an easy ride into St. Cloud.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
With 3 colleges/universities in the St. Cloud area there are plenty of young professionals living in St. Cloud. It is a nice area. The area around the VA and the hospital is very lovely. Anything on the Waite Park side of town is also nice. If you want a smaller town feel, St. Joseph is an easy ride into St. Cloud.
Does the area around the VA and hospital have a particular name or should I just look for apts and condos that are within walking distance of the hospital?

Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
What are your other options? I'm not a big fan of St. Cloud either but in the current economy I'd rather work in St. Cloud than be unemployed somewhere else. If you get really bored there it's a relatively short drive to the Twin Cities where there's alot more to see and do.

Options are far as places to live?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingfromAL View Post
Does the area around the VA and hospital have a particular name or should I just look for apts and condos that are within walking distance of the hospital?
It probably does, I just don't know what it is. I have always just called it the area by the hospital . It is an older section of town that has been well kept up. Hopefully one of the St. Cloud people show up on the board and they can help you with more specific location names/buildings. I would just stay away from the are immediately surrounding St. Cloud State University unless you want to be in the mix of student housing.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
It probably does, I just don't know what it is. I have always just called it the area by the hospital . It is an older section of town that has been well kept up. Hopefully one of the St. Cloud people show up on the board and they can help you with more specific location names/buildings. I would just stay away from the are immediately surrounding St. Cloud State University unless you want to be in the mix of student housing.
Thanks again!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingfromAL View Post
Options are far as places to live?
I was referring to options such as job offers in areas other than the St. Cloud area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota