U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:01 PM

111 posts, read 367,317 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am exploring options further out, can anyone tell me anything about hastings? Any and all info appreciated.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 AM

20,793 posts, read 56,563,099 times
Hastings is a nice town. Schools are good. It is a fairly large older section of town so if you are interested in older homes it is a good place to look. It is a pretty easy commute into the cities. It was one town we considered when we moved here.

Stillwater would be another town to look into if you want something further out.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Thanks golfgal, you always have good info. Can you tell me if there is a Costco, Lowes, Old Navy, Target or anything similar reasonably close to that town. While we are at it, are any of those stores located in Lakeville, AV or Rosemount vacinity?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:52 AM

Reading your last post on your Lakeville post I think you might find Hastings a little tame for your liking. Stillwater might be a better option if you want a more liberal smaller town further out. Both Stillwater and Hastings have all of your day to day needs. Stillwater is close to the Maplewood Mall and Rosedale Center which has everything eles. Northfield might be a good option as well--again having all of your day to day needs, Target, Home Depot, etc. and a 30 minute drive to Burnsville or Apple Valley.

All of the stores you mentioned (well not Lowe's or Costco--we have Home Depot and Sam's Club instead) are all going to be within reasonable driving distance from pretty much anywhere in the metro area. There are a couple Lowe's in the metro and I expect there will be more opening in the next few years. I think there is one Costco here, somewhere on the west side of the cities??

Rosemount proper doesn't have anything--we have grocery stores, etc. but we are only about 2 miles from the core shopping area in Apple Valley that has pretty much everything. Otherwise it is 15 minutes to the Mall of America or Burnsville Center for everything else. Lakeville is pretty much the same although they have a Super Target there now.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Golfgal, thanks for all of your info, I really appreciate it. So you think Northfield would be decent? I will check further into that. By the way, you really need to get some sleep woman! You must run on minimal sleep, you post quite often way too early in the morning. THanks again.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 AM

Northfield is a great town. My DH is from there so we spend a lot of time there. With Carleton College and St. Olaf College you have a lot of opportunities in town that most smaller towns don't have. It is a highly educated community as a result.

I know I get up early but I have to get kids off to school and this is my computer time.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:49 AM

166 posts, read 580,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Hastings is a nice town. Schools are good. It is a fairly large older section of town so if you are interested in older homes it is a good place to look. It is a pretty easy commute into the cities. It was one town we considered when we moved here.

Stillwater would be another town to look into if you want something further out.
I completely agree. Hastings is very nice, and I know someone who works in the HS there and really enjoys the district. Stillwater - what can you say - picturesque? Love them both. Would probably live in either if I didn't crave urbanity so badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota