Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM

865 posts, read 2,496,668 times

Advertisements

Well... after a gorgeous October - one of the finest and driest I can remember - the great gray wet season is now upon us back here in Portland. How is the snow situation up in the Duluth/North Shore area? Anything sticking yet? If so, can someone please post some pics?

Don't know why I refer to Duluth as "up". Same approx. latitude as Portland. Amazing what proximity to the ocean and lack of elevation can do. I sure do miss winter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM

638 posts, read 3,118,796 times
I'm in need of a snow fix too. We haven't had any decent snow in the Twin Cities in several years.

I was listening to CNN this AM, and they said that Minneapolis had snow! I've looked and looked and there isn't a hint of it here yet; I'm wondering which Minneapolis they were talking about because it sure isn't here!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM

41 posts, read 128,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
I'm in need of a snow fix too. We haven't had any decent snow in the Twin Cities in several years.

I was listening to CNN this AM, and they said that Minneapolis had snow! I've looked and looked and there isn't a hint of it here yet; I'm wondering which Minneapolis they were talking about because it sure isn't here!
Maybe Minneapolis, Kansas? Of course, there could have just been flurries and CNN decided to overreact (a news organization overreact? Say it isn't so!) & report that you'all are completely cutoff from the outside world. Here in California it is currently 58 (@ 2 pm) & we are desperatly in need of a lot of rain as we are in severe drought. I can hardly wait until I get off of this psycho coast and move to MN. It can't happen soon enough!!!! I need 4 seasons! I got a taste on my road trip & I want more darn it! lol

Old 11-19-2007, 05:17 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,185,650 times
The flurries we had yesterday would have shut down many southern towns for a week .

Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

41 posts, read 128,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
The flurries we had yesterday would have shut down many southern towns for a week .

I have a funny image of the little alien from Men In Black II running around screaming "All is lost! All is lost!"

Old 11-19-2007, 06:46 PM

721 posts, read 2,605,113 times
So far, nothing to report from the Zenith City. Damp and cool. As a kid I remember snow by Halloween and November was NEVER without snow. Oh well, it reminds me of Seattle in December-38 degrees and rainy.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:15 AM

865 posts, read 2,496,668 times
How depressing. I was hoping to at least be able to experience the snow vicariously!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,031,516 times
Quote:
Man, you aren't kidding. Even the RUMOR of snowfall here in Atlanta causes a run on all of the grocery stores for bread and bottled water.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM

638 posts, read 3,118,796 times
Quote:

WHAT flurries? I'm in a NE suburb, and didn't see a thing! Of course, I was in the basement for maybe an hour in the afternoon, but there wasn't even a dusting of snow on the ground when I came back upstairs. Did the southern end of town get snow and we didn't up here?

Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,185,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
WHAT flurries? I'm in a NE suburb, and didn't see a thing! Of course, I was in the basement for maybe an hour in the afternoon, but there wasn't even a dusting of snow on the ground when I came back upstairs. Did the southern end of town get snow and we didn't up here?

Sunday afternoon we had big fluffy white stuff falling for about an hour but nothing stayed. Our deck had some slush on it for a while and the kids made a few snowballs from that but it was gone in about an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota