Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,852 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in MN and moved to California, then to Florida with my now ex-husband. I just went back for a visit and miss MN SOOOO much that I cannot stand to be away for another day. I am a single mom (of an 18 month son) and am returning to college so I may finish my RN. I cannot afford to live in FL on my salary, but would make more than enough in MN w/o even finishing my degree, the problem is getting there....MY QUESTION IS...Does anyone know of any type of financial moving assistance or aid so we can make the move???
Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM

29 posts, read 116,648 times
Default Moving to MN

There is no assistance you will find for moving.

If you were born and raised here, have you thought about asking a family member to help you?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 PM

143 posts, read 456,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmom2006 View Post
MY QUESTION IS...Does anyone know of any type of financial moving assistance or aid so we can make the move???
Thank you so much!!!
Perhaps some of the hospitals that are so short staffed would be willing to offer some kind of moving assistance if you signed on with them. Check the ads.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,095 times
Default email me

I to am a single mom in FL trying to relocate to MN where i was raised. I have 3 small children. One with a terminal illness.

Last edited by golfgal; 11-23-2007 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: removed email address-use DM's for personal contacts

Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Bob View Post
Perhaps some of the hospitals that are so short staffed would be willing to offer some kind of moving assistance if you signed on with them. Check the ads.
Most hospitals in the Twin Cities (MN) do not provide moving assistance even for RN's, much less someone who doesn't have their license yet. Without a license you could only work as a certified nursing assistant, and I know 3 nursing students here in the Twin Cities who can't find CNA jobs even in nursing homes; so I wouldn't count on that either.

Right now several Twin City hospitals are cutting back on their hiring also and at least 1 hospital has cut back on some staff and patient care outreach programs.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 PM

86 posts, read 403,017 times
When are you starting college? A good idea would be to contact your financial Aid resorce center at your new college or university. Speak with a financial advisor.
You may also want to consider contacting the multicultural resource center or diversity services at the university. They are a resource for non-traditional students.

On the mean time depending on your situation, you may want to find ways to increase your savings for the move. Have a moving sale and get rid of things...

Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
Most hospitals in the Twin Cities (MN) do not provide moving assistance even for RN's, much less someone who doesn't have their license yet. Without a license you could only work as a certified nursing assistant, and I know 3 nursing students here in the Twin Cities who can't find CNA jobs even in nursing homes; so I wouldn't count on that either.

Right now several Twin City hospitals are cutting back on their hiring also and at least 1 hospital has cut back on some staff and patient care outreach programs.
Wow...in Duluth all of the agencies that provide CNA's for home health care are always understaffed.
The Cloquet hospital has online jobs posted and they are looking for 1 RN and 5 Nursing Assistants. SMDC is looking for 5 CNAs and at least twice as many RNs.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 PM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Bob View Post
Wow...in Duluth all of the agencies that provide CNA's for home health care are always understaffed.
The Cloquet hospital has online jobs posted and they are looking for 1 RN and 5 Nursing Assistants. SMDC is looking for 5 CNAs and at least twice as many RNs.
Are they offering moving assistance for CNA's? How about for the RNs? this isn't something that MN hospitals have done for many years. Hospitals have offered sign-on bonuses to their newly hired nurses; but I don't think I've ever seen moving assistance here.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
Are they offering moving assistance for CNA's? How about for the RNs?
I have no clue. I simply suggested she contact some of the major hospitals and ask or look at their ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota