U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:18 PM

14,987 posts, read 10,739,262 times

Advertisements

blah.. too cold here, as in eastern South Dakota... you guys in the cities have it better because you still have trees, lakes, and the Mississippi river, at least it's not flat, farmland along with the bitter cold. Eastern MN would make my top 10 but not the western part of the state. Very subjective opinion here. These areas are a great place to raise a family because cold helps keep the 'riff raff' out and also means lower unemployment and better access to decent jobs... for people who dislike the heat it's paradise, for me, not so much.

On the other hand, Texas is way too hot. I'd rather pick a location like... hmm... Virginia or North Carolina, maybe western Oregon.. also western South Dakota, Western Nebraska, and eastern Colorado for the chinook winds in the winter... if good paying manufacturing work wasn't so hard to come by but I'd rather have a good job and no state income tax and stay put for now. Likelyhood of finding another 20/hr job... relatively low. That may change.. I may just up and quit sometime and make the move I always dream about... life's too short for flat and cold.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-16-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 01:07 AM

17 posts, read 44,532 times
In my book, MN is #1. There's nothing in New Hampshire. It's basically a commuter state of Boston, MA.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 AM

32,842 posts, read 3,573,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan1 View Post
In my book, MN is #1. There's nothing in New Hampshire. It's basically a commuter state of Boston, MA.
It's alright to like Minnesota the most, but to say there's nothing in New Hampshire isn't very true, nice or open minded. Sure there's a lot of commuters from NH to Boston, but that happens ALL across the USA near the borders of various states!

I once lived near the border of New Hampshire and Maine and did a lot of camping in NH and found it absolutely beautiful and I plan to go back for a visit someday. But then again I found much to love about New England and am glad for my time there.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-28-2014 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-28-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 736 times
If we didn't have such long winters, I'd agree MN is the best state. Some winter is cool... but it drags too long often times.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 AM

32,842 posts, read 3,573,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTime73 View Post
If we didn't have such long winters, I'd agree MN is the best state. Some winter is cool... but it drags too long often times.
I know what you mean. Last year was a tough "spring" since we were still having winter weather (snowfalls) in April! I have always said that when I'm in a position to leave MN for 2-3 months out of the year it will be March and April, and maybe May. That way when I come back home I'll see actual signs of spring and summer. Oh well, I grin and bare it because I do love living in the north half of the US and Minnesota particularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota