Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,317 times

Advertisements

I wish you the best of luck Ron

Old 12-03-2007, 02:41 PM

129 posts, read 663,107 times
HAHAHA why the hell do you guys want snow?

Ridiculous.

In 5 Months I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY COMPLAINING about how the "icky" snow is getting in the way of your lives. Pick a position and stick with it, no more of this flip flopping -

July - OH MY GOD IT'S SO HOT I WISH IT WAS COLD

January - OH MY GOD IT'S SO COLD I WISH IT WERE HOT

Me in July - OH MY GOD THE TEMPERATURE IS AWESOME ATLEAST ITS NOT COLD

Me in January - *slits wrists*

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM

... and that my friends is why I moved to San Francisco (among other reasons).

Old 12-03-2007, 04:30 PM

41 posts, read 128,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monti View Post
Great. So when I leave NorCal and move to Minneapolis next year, the world will still be in balance?

Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Quote:
HAHAHA why the hell do you guys want snow?

Ridiculous.

In 5 Months I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY COMPLAINING about how the "icky" snow is getting in the way of your lives. Pick a position and stick with it, no more of this flip flopping -

July - OH MY GOD IT'S SO HOT I WISH IT WAS COLD

January - OH MY GOD IT'S SO COLD I WISH IT WERE HOT

Me in July - OH MY GOD THE TEMPERATURE IS AWESOME ATLEAST ITS NOT COLD

Me in January - *slits wrists*
See, that is the nice thing about MN, you get a bit of everything and about the time you are tired of the snow, cold, hot, humid temps it changes, then the cycle starts all over again. Come March I will be itching to get out on the golf course but I am LOVING having snow right now.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 AM

175 posts, read 731,270 times
Quote:
Yes, Minneapolis weather is crap, however for me the answer would NOT BE to move to San Francisco. After 4 days vacation out there, I couldn't wait to leave. If I were to pay that kind of money to live somewhere, it better be warm and sunny with space around me.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 AM

53 posts, read 141,987 times
No kidding.................what could be worst than living one inch away from the neighbors.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Well Nurm, I'd say living in a frozen isolated parochial tundra.

The Midwest is an epitome of stagnation and cultural in-breeding... people are generally sloppy in the way they dress, eat, and talk. Dirty cars, big bellies and meaningless weather based conversations are a few staples of Midwestern culture.

Since I don't follow sports, I must be some sort of wierdo when people say "You didn't watch *the game*?!!! OH MY GOD! *slits wrists*"

Also (at the risk of sounding Grinch-esque) there's too many little kids for my liking.

That's what could be worse than living in an area full of people, which for me, tends to instill a natural brisk/frenetic energy which I enjoy. Although for these same reasons many people would want to live here (Ie: Well I have a mid-level job as a systems analyst making 90k a year, and I have a wife, but i can't afford a house and EVERYBODY NEEDS A HOUSE so I think I'll move to the midwest and live a life of mediocrity.)

That is my argument - but maybe I'm just cranky because I was forced to come back here for a month.

/end

Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM

638 posts, read 3,123,604 times
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS the world is big enough that you can find your own Utopia.

I happen to love MN weather. I don't fuss about the winter cold in January, but if the snow does continue into April I do whine because I want the Lilies-of-the-Valley blooming by my birthday the beginning of May. I always think that the weather here keeps some of the riff-raff out.

Sorry you were forced to come back here for such a long time, monti. I sure hope time flies for you and whomever you are staying with.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
The Midwest is an epitome of stagnation and cultural in-breeding... people are generally sloppy in the way they dress, eat, and talk. Dirty cars, big bellies and meaningless weather based conversations are a few staples of Midwestern culture.

Since I don't follow sports, I must be some sort of wierdo when people say "You didn't watch *the game*?!!! OH MY GOD! *slits wrists*"
Wow. The above more correctly describes the folks I know down here in Georgia than it does the folks I know in the Twin Cities.

High School in Georgia isn't about education. It's about football.

Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota