Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Actually pretty well read on several of the former so you know what you can do with your suggestions....
From claiming that Christian-Rome was what brought on the great European civilization (WRONG) to claiming that US laws are Christian ones (WRONG) to claiming that Sharia is practiced in the Middle East (WRONG/LOL)...you have demonstrated quite well that you are not only not entitled to an opinion on the topic, but also on general history and possibly the world we live in. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 12:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
Reread the post by PDXNative. He already answered your question as to why more extreme things don't happen in in the U.S. Other than the occasional mass murder by assault rifle of course! Or should we recall the Oklahoma City bombing as well? To say we don't have extremist activity in the U.S. just because someone has been beheaded is pretty silly.
Those mass shootings weren't done by a radical religious group however, they were all mostly lone wolf attacks by some mentally disturbed people. We do not have a radical religious group in the United States running around taking over cities and trying to convert everyone to their religion.

someone compared them to Westboro,

Westboro just stands there holding signs.

You can go on YouTube and find videos of ISIS militants driving around with Assult Rifles shooting random people.

The two are a pretty different in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,046 times
If one wishes to live in a predominantly Muslim country, such as some country in the Middle East, if it is more to their liking, then please, choose to go, I will help you pack.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM

865 posts, read 2,501,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
If one wishes to live in a predominantly Muslim country, such as some country in the Middle East, if it is more to their liking, then please, choose to go, I will help you pack.
I thought the point of living somewhere like the U.S. is that we are all entitled to voice our opinions as a part of a civilized discussion. Snarky responses like this one pretty much fail to meet that standard and display a underlying attitude of bigotry, IMHO. After all, you are essentially telling someone that, if they don't agree with you, they should just move out of your part of the world.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:13 PM

168 posts, read 198,880 times
Isn't that a pretty typical american response though? If you don't like it GTFO! Especially on the internet...

Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
I thought the point of living somewhere like the U.S. is that we are all entitled to voice our opinions as a part of a civilized discussion. Snarky responses like this one pretty much fail to meet that standard and display a underlying attitude of bigotry, IMHO. After all, you are essentially telling someone that, if they don't agree with you, they should just move out of your part of the world.
Yes...the old "If you like it so much somewhere, then get out!"...or "If you don't like it, get out!".

This line of reasoning essentially is used by someone who has conceded the argument and have nothing further to add as they can not counter your given point. It's also very unfortunate as the purpose of discussion is to open one's mind to other viewpoints and discuss what is valid and what isn't. There's too many posters in this thread whom are arguing just to argue and "win", despite their clear lack of knowledge of the situation or even the globe.

Thank God I don't live in Minnesota, ya know'.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:30 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Yes...the old "If you like it so much somewhere, then get out!"...or "If you don't like it, get out!".

This line of reasoning essentially is used by someone who has conceded the argument and have nothing further to add as they can not counter your given point. It's also very unfortunate as the purpose of discussion is to open one's mind to other viewpoints and discuss what is valid and what isn't. There's too many posters in this thread whom are arguing just to argue and "win", despite their clear lack of knowledge of the situation or even the globe.

Thank God I don't live in Minnesota, ya know'.
Then why are you posting on the MN page?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Then why are you posting on the MN page?
it's a free country......Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's a free country......Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
Well at least he's not here! we have enough radical Muslims of our own to worry about! Good to know We also have a very large pool of highly trained and experienced people who are good at killing them as well!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,600,707 times
When I'm Queen of the Universe I'll impound all males between the ages of 13 and 33 on one continent (they can have Australia). There they can kill one another in various exciting ways to their hearts' content. After their testosterone levels have started to subside we'll let them back in to play nicely with the rest of us.

We'll also send the older males who tell the young ones WHO to kill.

And then everyone else in the Universe can have a peaceful life.

Doesn't really matter what country, what culture, what religion - it's that silly old testosterone that causes all the problems.

(Note: I'm unlikely ever to become Queen of the Universe)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota