Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 02:13 PM

21 posts, read 116,863 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I work in Eden Prairie, need to leave my current residence in the cities, and I can only get approved for $130k in mortgage.

I want the biggest bang for the $, I am willing to commute an hour to work.

I am hoping to get something which feels rural, has good privacy which is afforded by acreage or some natural buffer.

Ideally, something that is 0.5 acres or larger (as long as there is privacy)

Ideally, something by woods, hillside, river, public land as a buffer/for privacy is good. Yet, within 10-15 min drive from St Peter or Mankato.

I am considering areas around St Peter, Mankato, Kasota .. I can make the commute to St Peter in about 45 mins, and to mankato in an hour (in the summer), and the home prices are more affordable than the cities.

I am after something not within a city limit, i want something rural... so i could raise some chickens.

Does anyone here know someone who is interested in selling a house in this area?
I am pre-approved and am a serious buyer. We can hire a local attorney to help instead of a Realtor, this will save time and $, especially the seller.

Are there other places you'd recommend I consider? if so, why? The commute to Le Center, or New Prague, or Lake crystal or Garden City takes more time, either due to additional distance or smaller/slower highways. I am biased towards Mankato/St Peter since I lived there for some years in the past. I have friends in Mankato. I love the topography, and availability of a food coop.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota