Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:34 PM

928 posts, read 1,101,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
No not all the jobs are in the cities and no it is not a wasteland beyond the cities. In fact there is more in Northern Mn than the twin cities could ever imagine.

As in what jobs are in Northern MN? Mining jobs? Lumberjack jobs? Farm jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 12:38 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Holy Cow! Half the people in the state live in the Twin Cities and they all have a decent paying job!

The standard of living is higher in the Twin Cities. Arguably, the quality of life is better in Greater Minnesota.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,499 times
Default Where to go,& what to do for work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn shutterbug View Post
What kind of job would you be looking for? I'd take the so called wasteland over the concrete jungle of the Twin Cities any day.
Yea, that is one of many reasons for leaving, I definitely want to stay out of the concrete jungle, and get somewhere a little more woodsy. Ive had enough city life, too stressful/ expensive, and people are in such a rush, they would step over you if you fell, instead of giving you a hand.
As far as employment goes...at the moment I have been going to estate sales, and buy/sell over the internet. It has been going better than I ever expected. I have some experience in plumbing, but no license. Ive also been a manager of a group home. I guess ive done a little bit of everything.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:24 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Rochester is not in the North or the Northeast part of the state.
Well I know that, I live here. BUT it fits his other criteria.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:19 AM

871 posts, read 1,088,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw 77 View Post
Yea, that is one of many reasons for leaving, I definitely want to stay out of the concrete jungle, and get somewhere a little more woodsy. Ive had enough city life, too stressful/ expensive, and people are in such a rush, they would step over you if you fell, instead of giving you a hand.
As far as employment goes...at the moment I have been going to estate sales, and buy/sell over the internet. It has been going better than I ever expected. I have some experience in plumbing, but no license. Ive also been a manager of a group home. I guess ive done a little bit of everything.

I would suggest Duluth or near-Duluth as it is woodsy (and then some! It's on the north shore of Lake Superior which is pretty rugged and extraordinary). Duluth would give you a broader range of job opportunities than just about anywhere else in northern Minnesota- I suspect Brainerd (a small city which I personally found miserable...but to each his own) might also present a range of opportunities. You'll probably want to be near one of those two "population centers" if you want to continue your estate sale business so you're not driving hundreds of miles a week going from one estate sale to another in a sparsely populated, spread out region.

Education, broadly speaking, is excellent in Minnesota. We regularly top ACT and SAT statistics by state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota