Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 6,251 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post a topic that might help all of you with small children protect them with vital information.

I live in White Bear Lake and shortly after I posted flyers about Todd Trahan last September, he moved to Lino Lakes. Hopefully in a tent in the middle of the woods somewhere starving to death.

Anyway, if anyone wants to share any information to help keep our kids safe, feel free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM

769 posts, read 2,231,733 times
It seems like they have registered sex offenders in even the smallest towns. I don't know why it is so rampant. Should we legalize prostitution?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:46 PM

262 posts, read 1,025,428 times
Who is Todd Trahan ?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:00 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,561 times
I have a friend in Florida that got listed as a sex offender for urinating in a parking lot. That doesn't mean he is going to kidnap and rape anyones kids now.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:32 PM

432 posts, read 1,659,440 times
I think that it is stupid that a person who urinate in public get label as a sex offender! Just remember that the term "sex offender" is a label which is a result of social construct!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 PM

74 posts, read 289,162 times
Well.....I know I wouldn't want to be walking in some parking lot, and have my kids see some guy urinating with his "junk" hanging out.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM

262 posts, read 1,025,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinne View Post
Well.....I know I wouldn't want to be walking in some parking lot, and have my kids see some guy urinating with his "junk" hanging out.
I don't think anyone (kids or no kids) would want to see that. Public urination is already illegal, and I don't think anyone is going to argue that it should be legal. But its legality isn't in question...the punishment is. If this guy is telling the truth, then that's pretty scary that some judge would consider a drunk guy whizzing in public to be every bit as evil as a pedophile or a rapist. That's kind of like equating a speeding ticket with vehicular homicide.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 PM

571 posts, read 2,529,042 times
Did anyone see 20/20 tonight? Some interesting stuff regarding teenagers accused of statutory rape (i.e., an 18 year old having consensual sex with a 15 year old) now being listsed (forever) as sex offenders, right alongside the *real* child molesters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the public having the right to know if there's a sicko living down the block, but I think there should be a better distinction made between a rapist/pedophile and someone who made a poor judgement call.

Last edited by MidniteBreeze; 03-14-2008 at 10:55 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 05:38 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,828,613 times
i agree with midnite breeze's post.

Furthermore, I think this thread's original post is very hateful and brings to mind the movie "Little Children" or the novel 1984- if offenders are treated like the pariahs of society long after they've 'paid their debt' and given no opportunity to reintegrate into society, how are they ever going to have a chance at successfully rehabilitating? The OP is happy that this person isn't in her backyard anymore (and seems proud to have drove him out), but doesn't seem too worried about him being in someone else's. Why not spend your time doing something positive and constructive to better your community? I would think that if you're are a good parent and keep a close eye on your children and their activities, that you really wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,362,280 times
It gives you a pretty detailed description of what the offender was convicted for on the watchdog website. That can help you determine if you think the offender is a reason for concern or not.

And come on, who hasn't urinated in a public parking lot at least once in their life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota