Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 05:42 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
What is with the title of your thread?
It has nothing to do with the article and subject of your thread topic.

The title to your thread is odd and disturbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Says the person who has never laughed a day in their life. It involves humor so you clearly wouldn’t understand.
Oh, okay if you say so
Also, I do not believe you know me. Actually, you do not know me.
You come off of the good ole boys club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 01:23 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Oh, okay if you say so
Also, I do not believe you know me. Actually, you do not know me.
You come off of the good ole boys club
Go on, please elaborate....

Old 11-18-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
There is a handful of you here that harass people, be rude, and bully them in regards to their posts, thoughts, and ideas. You follow them and make remark after remark. The ones who speak up get picked on more.
And you do it just in the manor to slip under the radar of the rules and the forum guidelines.
Even though you attack the poster and not the idea, which is a forum guideline.

I am not the only one who believes this.
I am not the type to be quiet about it.

Is that elaborate enough for you, or would you in more?

Old 11-18-2017, 05:34 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
The Minnesota forum is generally pretty pleasant and entertaining, and Ghengis in particular is hilarious. CD considers us so boring and non-controversial that we don't even have a regular moderator.

I've never even heard of the whatever it was that made Ghengis start this thread (probably some boring sports thing), but I'm sure whoever it is IS probably taking a nap with the judges!

Go outside and enjoy the nice Minnesota scenery and weather, Atalanta.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
There is a handful of you here that harass people, be rude, and bully them in regards to their posts, thoughts, and ideas. You follow them and make remark after remark. The ones who speak up get picked on more.
And you do it just in the manor to slip under the radar of the rules and the forum guidelines.

we were having a nice conversation about the World's Fair, why do you feel the need to come on here making off-topic posts about yourself? very odd

Old 11-18-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
we were having a nice conversation about the World's Fair, why do you feel the need to come on here making off-topic posts about yourself? very odd

I was replying to a poster.

And your response sure is calling the pot calling the kettle black

Last edited by Atalanta; 11-18-2017 at 07:25 AM..

Old 11-18-2017, 08:05 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:

This topic was made in light of Argentina beating out Minnesota in a bid to host the World Fair. The post was clearly of a satirical nature as in all honesty, the World Fair hasn’t been relevant since probably the 1930’s. Everything was going fine and dandy until you derail the conversation by sowing discord, starting quarrels and upsetting people, by posting inflammatory and extraneous messages to provoke readers into an emotional response and disrupting the conversation, likely for your amusement. You’ve done this time and time again...and I think there is a word that describes this behavior....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Old 11-18-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
This topic was made in light of Argentina beating out Minnesota in a bid to host the World Fair. The post was clearly of a satirical nature as in all honesty, the World Fair hasn’t been relevant since probably the 1930’s. Everything was going fine and dandy until you derail the conversation by sowing discord, starting quarrels and upsetting people, by posting inflammatory and extraneous messages to provoke readers into an emotional response and disrupting the conversation, likely for your amusement. You’ve done this time and time again...and I think there is a word that describes this behavior....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
I don’t take what you say seriously unless you say this to all who do this.

And stating a comment about the thread title which has nothing to do with the story is not disrupting any conversation and along with all your grandiose adjectives and words.

Go ahead and call out your ole boys club members and anyone else including yourself who does what you so eloquently described above.
Then I will take you seriously.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
I don’t take what you say seriously unless you say this to all who do this.

And stating a comment about the thread title which has nothing to do with the story is not disrupting any conversation and along with all your grandiose adjectives and words.

Go ahead and call out your ole boys club members and anyone else including yourself who does what you so eloquently described above.
Then I will take you seriously.
again, off topic and disruptive

meanwhile, new developments and it's clear Governor Dayton is not taking this snub lying down...

Argentina searches for missing navy submarine - CNN

The Day - USS Minnesota ready for 'groundbreaking role' ...like defending Minnesota's honor

coincidence, I'm thinking not, hopefully the crew is brought back safe as they are only pawns in game of life

Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
again, off topic and disruptive]
Again the pot calling the kettle black and the good ole boys club with some here in this forum.
Ghengis, why would your title be about sleeping with the judges and it has nothing to do with your thread topic? Talking about being off topic.
I Dont take you seriously either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota