Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,087,543 times

Advertisements

Come on, dude. Anyone looking through your post history will be able to plainly see all of the outrageous, uninformed comments you've made about the state for seemingly no reason at all.

In any case, I'm glad you were able to rectify your ignorance by making a real visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 02:21 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,087,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Do Minneapolis people summer there??
Many people in the Twin Cities have lakeside cabins all throughout the northern half of the state and commute up for the weekends. The city of Duluth isn't a summer resort destination by itself (most of the city is woefully run down), but the North Shore is.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Come on, dude. Anyone looking through your post history will be able to plainly see all of the outrageous, uninformed comments you've made about the state for seemingly no reason at all.

In any case, I'm glad you were able to rectify your ignorance by making a real visit.
Again, I think you have confused me with someone else.

Not sure why you feel the need to be rude, nasty, and negative, on an otherwise positive thread.

It's kind of strange, but I am sure you must have some personal issues going on in life.

Feel free to contact me if you just need a shoulder to lean on. Be well.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
Quote:
Many people in the Twin Cities have lakeside cabins all throughout the northern half of the state and commute up for the weekends. The city of Duluth isn't a summer resort destination by itself (most of the city is woefully run down), but the North Shore is.
Duluth maintains a healthy tourist sector in summer. Duluth (focused mostly on Canal park) swells in summer with all of the amenities of a tourist town. Sure it has pockets of grit, but there are plenty if beautiful neighborhoods that would negate your depiction of it being "woefully run down".

Old 10-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Again, I think you have confused me with someone else.

Not sure why you feel the need to be rude, nasty, and negative, on an otherwise positive thread.

It's kind of strange, but I am sure you must have some personal issues going on in life.

Feel free to contact me if you just need a shoulder to lean on. Be well.
I would just continue to ignore the negativity. I (and mostly we) are glad you enjoyed the North Shore. Many of us who live here find it pleasant and are happy you enjoyed yourself.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:42 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Yea Duluth did not really appear run down to me. I saw old factory looking brick buildings, down by the waterfront. But nothing like Detroit or Flint.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:53 PM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
Duluth maintains a healthy tourist sector in summer. Duluth (focused mostly on Canal park) swells in summer with all of the amenities of a tourist town. Sure it has pockets of grit, but there are plenty if beautiful neighborhoods that would negate your depiction of it being "woefully run down".
Does the term Citidiots come up in Duluth? I know it does farther north, you'll know what I mean if you understand it.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Does the term Citidiots come up in Duluth? I know it does farther north, you'll know what I mean if you understand it.
Oh I have heard it a lot. Duluthians ought to not bite the hand that feeds them though.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:41 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Some people of the Twin Cities are obsessed with "going up North", for good reason. Sad thing is some of them drag their "city behavior" with them. Loud music, yahooing and perfectly green and manicured lawn dumping fertilizer to lawn where once stood a old rustic family cabin that was torn down to build mc mansion.

Why bring it with you if you're trying to get away?

Old 10-17-2018, 06:12 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,839 times
Quote:
Actually, Duluth is a destination city. Winter, And Summer, And of course Fall Time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota