Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 02:54 PM

871 posts, read 1,087,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You seem consistently disparage states like Mississippi and Alabama with significant black populations. Could be your white privilege is showing. Or at least your preference for being around white folks.
And you continue your pattern of obliquely attacking people who stand up to bigotry. Why is that, I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 03:10 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
And you continue your pattern of obliquely attacking people who stand up to bigotry. Why is that, I wonder?
You didn’t “stand up to bigotry,” you made your preference for places dominated by white people clear. Now just own it.

Last edited by Glenfield; 10-26-2018 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM

871 posts, read 1,087,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You didn’t “stand up to bigotry,” you made your preference for places dominated by white people clear. Now just own it.
No, you are following your consistent pattern of joining any argument on the side of racists and xenophobes with an argument that hides your true intent and diverts the discussion. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to point out your pattern in action - now when people see you 'intervene' elsewhere, they'll know what's up.

In any case, neither of you have any rebuttal to the many points of data (not anecdotes, not opinions) that show how much better quality of life the high-tax/high-service economic model provides its citizenry compared to low tax dumps. That's the piece you really can't respond to because there's pretty much no good metrics that correspond with the 'low tax' model. If there are, pony them up. If there are not, continue to try to distract and divert.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
No, you are following your consistent pattern of joining any argument on the side of racists and xenophobes with an argument that hides your true intent and diverts the discussion. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to point out your pattern in action - now when people see you 'intervene' elsewhere, they'll know what's up.

In any case, neither of you have any rebuttal to the many points of data (not anecdotes, not opinions) that show how much better quality of life the high-tax/high-service economic model provides its citizenry compared to low tax dumps. That's the piece you really can't respond to because there's pretty much no good metrics that correspond with the 'low tax' model. If there are, pony them up. If there are not, continue to try to distract and divert.
I didn’t join any sides and don’t care about your tax dispute.

I just pointed out your preference for places with lots of white people and disdain for places with lots of blacks. I see a pattern there.

Last edited by Glenfield; 10-26-2018 at 04:44 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 04:12 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Yes, you can stay as long as you please. The thing is, you are apparently no longer pleased to stay. Man up, take charge of your life, and find the place that works for you.
Waiting for the East Side to gentrify........

Old 10-27-2018, 08:58 AM

500 posts, read 359,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
High taxes? That tells me it's a state that takes care of its people, roads, bridges, libraries, schools, and parks. Sounds like a place I would like to live (if I didn't already love Michigan.)
Haven't lived in California have you ?

Old 10-27-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
Haven't lived in California have you ?
It's a great point. I've heard a Uhaul out of California is like $1000....whereas a UHaul into California is a tenth of that price.

California is a mess.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:00 PM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's a great point. I've heard a Uhaul out of California is like $1000....whereas a UHaul into California is a tenth of that price.

California is a mess.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...y-outpaces-u-s

Just about every policy Donald Trump imposes to make his America great is opposed by the world's fifth-largest economy. That would be California, which is growing faster and outperforming the U.S. in job growth, manufacturing, personal income, corporate profits and the total return of its bonds. The most populous U.S. state, with 39.5 million people, supplanted the U.K. as No. 5 in the world with an equivalent gross domestic product of more than $2.7 trillion, increasing $127 billion last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

California isn't for me but it is doing very well. I have three good friends, all former Minnesotans, that are thriving there economically. They also were weather wimps so the place fits them well. One is pulling down 1/2 a million and doesn't seem to mind and the other two are making around half that. They call it the sunshine tax and pay it thankfully

Old 10-27-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
[UR
Quote:
Almost 40 percent of state residents are in poverty or near to it, according to the Public Policy Institute of California. That’s the nation’s highest poverty rate.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/06/0...-faces-a-fall/

Old 10-27-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Interesting. Adjusted for cost of living, California is the poorest state in the country, and fourth worst in terms of income inequality.
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...alth-gap-grows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota