Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 AM

769 posts, read 2,232,291 times

Advertisements

Or Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). I get it. And it sticks to my soul. Sometimes I get so depressed it feels like I am in the darkest corner of a sinking submarine. It's all thanks to the weather and the ho-hum atmosphere of this state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM

501 posts, read 1,945,730 times
I definitely feel like when it's dreary out or gray for a long time I have no desire to go outdoors and prefer being extremely lazy and home-bodied. Is that what you mean? I don't know that I get "depressed" so much as I am just not nearly as excited or happy as when there are stretches of gorgeous sunny days! (Maybe that's the same thing...)

Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 AM

781 posts, read 2,628,525 times
I don't really have any problems with getting depressed. Everybody has those dreary days where you just don't feel like going out every once in awhile. I guess the only thing I do is yearn for summer near the end of winter.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM

191 posts, read 349,719 times
I used to have a problem with it, but I've found that if I keep myself busy it doesn't happen. I usually work an extra job during the winter too so I guess I never have a chance to get the bla's. Works for me anyways, but working 7 days a week isn't for everybody.
Brian.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
This winter was a double dose of SAD!!!! We need spring and need it now.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Some of you guys look as if you've found your cure for it *congrates*. But I was seriously affected this winter. Yowza. I was actually feeling better yesterday when I took a stroll around Lake Harriet. And on Wednesday I was feeling great when I strolled around Lake of the Isles. I just can't stand these dreary winters. They get to me more than anything. After 13 years of living in this state I am definitely leaving. Luckily, I don't have any harsh gripes like other people who leave MN. There was some good and some bad. But this winter seriously weighed down on me. Maaaaaaaan!!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM

36 posts, read 183,016 times
Chin up! it was 60 today! You just need to find something to do, or come on here and start some interesting threads!
-bobby

Old 04-04-2008, 05:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
GOLF COURSES start opening tomorrow!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Some of you guys look as if you've found your cure for it *congrates*. But I was seriously affected this winter. Yowza. I was actually feeling better yesterday when I took a stroll around Lake Harriet. And on Wednesday I was feeling great when I strolled around Lake of the Isles. I just can't stand these dreary winters. They get to me more than anything. After 13 years of living in this state I am definitely leaving. Luckily, I don't have any harsh gripes like other people who leave MN. There was some good and some bad. But this winter seriously weighed down on me. Maaaaaaaan!!
Better not head out this way (Seattle). The winters here are far worse than MN as far as SAD goes. It doesn't get nearly as cold but think gray, overcast and drizzle from October through April with rare sunbreaks. Summers are great but the gray winter never seems to end.

I can sympathize with the SAD, but I'd trade a MN winter for a Seattle winter any day of the week if I could get my wife to move. Investigate the weather patterns where you think you want to move carefully before packing up and doing it, you don't want to trade bad for worse!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbbyy View Post
Chin up! it was 60 today! You just need to find something to do, or come on here and start some interesting threads!
-bobby
Yeah. I guess it was okay. Valley Fair is opening soon. But this is the time of year when the dirty snow starts melting and it looks kind of sick. Blech! I guess I could take a walk somewhere. Does anyone know any interesting places to walk besides around a lake?

And golfgal, I'm glad golf is starting soon. It's not necessarily my cup of tea but I could get into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota