Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:33 PM

44 posts, read 74,484 times

Advertisements

As I sit here on my patio (or “lanai” as they pretentiously call them here) in the sweltering heat of Florida, I am excited for my move to the Rochester, MN area. I will be making the 2-day Drive this weekend and my wife will follow once we have succeeded in selling our house down here. I can’t wait to be back in the upper Midwest. Can’t wait to (in the first time in seven years) experience the seasons ..... yes, even the bitter winters.

No questions, no real point for this post..... just can’t wait to get out of this Groundhog Day existence in Florida and the South in general. Can’t wait to be amongst people with the same realistic and less-than-dramatic way of looking at life. God Bless and goodnight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 07:49 PM

1,222 posts, read 803,913 times
Welcome back! It is pretty hot in the Upper Midwest today, too, but fortunately not a year-round thing like Florida!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:54 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,016,687 times
enjoy Minnesota!! My brother lives in Chaska and LOVES it!!

Old 07-16-2019, 07:55 AM

11,907 posts, read 8,227,609 times
Hope you can find what you want.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:29 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,358,976 times
Grew up in FL. Moved to Texas in 2014 (enjoyed it for the time being but wasnt where I wanted to settle) and to Minnesota in 2017. I would never move out of this state. Completely in love with it. Finally got to explore the northern portion of this state this week and so much beauty up here.

I adore the seasons, particularly autumn and yes... winter! As much as I am enjoying summer, part of me is a little giddy on whenever we get the first snowfall that sticks (and please... after October this year!) What I love about Minnesota summers is they are warm but REASONABLY so. We get as hot as the South sometimes but it doesnt linger forever. Also even the winters arent so brutal. Yea you get subzero days but so far since I lived here... subzero days are soon followed by "warm" 40-45 degrees day. It always blows my mind how fast we can go from deep freezer to refrigerator mildness in the span of a week.

Only part that's "ehh" is early spring like March and early April when we get that back and forth slushiness but that's short lived and by the end of April its tulips and daffodils and more flowers than I saw my whole life down South.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
Welcome back! It is pretty hot in the Upper Midwest today, too, but fortunately not a year-round thing like Florida!
Very glad I went up north and escaped the heat wave this week. My hotel is air conditioned unlike my apartment lol.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:25 PM

The last week down here has been a mix of the worst; days of gray and storms mixed with unforgiving heat and humidity. The thing about the heat down here is just how relentless it is- doesn’t even go away at night. Looking forward to October and sweatshirts!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamoguy View Post
The last week down here has been a mix of the worst; days of gray and storms mixed with unforgiving heat and humidity. The thing about the heat down here is just how relentless it is- doesn’t even go away at night. Looking forward to October and sweatshirts!
Is y'alls part of Florida severely affected by the bacteria in the ocean? The best thing about Florida summers is the beach but my family says they havent been able to use the beach because how nastyit's been. .

Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,896,086 times
Welcome to Minnesota! I love this state and when people my age leave to retire somewhere warm I will be staying. I think we have it pretty good up here.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Is y'alls part of Florida severely affected by the bacteria in the ocean? The best thing about Florida summers is the beach but my family says they havent been able to use the beach because how nastyit's been. .
Yes, had the red algae/ red tide this winter/spring which killed a lot of fish and had the beaches along the gulf pretty foul-smelling. Just recently had two cases of people picking up flesh-eating bacteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota