Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 05:55 PM

11,789 posts, read 7,999,289 times

Advertisements

It sucks but Claire is really going to need a Lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 05:03 PM

202 posts, read 429,269 times
People are scum pure an simple and use this as a reminder to do legit business with dealerships and not private sellers and please do not believe too much in the goodness of others.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:18 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireMnpls View Post
Sorry the reason why Claire thought it was the seller is because she bought the car from young short Hispanic male she says. The person I saw fits this description, also we live on the end of quiet street and everyone knows everyone here. This guy knew the car and walked right up to it unlocked it and drove away casually.
I would likely drive by the sellers address and see if the car is there at a minimum.
Sure sounds like somebody with a key and knowing where to find it.

If it is there, take a photo for the police showing it in that location. That may motivate them to at least try to speak to the seller.

Last edited by snebarekim; 04-12-2020 at 07:13 AM..

Old 04-12-2020, 07:38 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
The OP was written on 3/31, stating the car was paid for on 2/26 when the exchange of money took place. In MN it was announced on 3/27: “DMV To Close March 28–April 10 After Latest Executive Order From Governor Walz”. I walked into the DMV to renew my license that week, I looked online for one open on a Saturday even. It wasn’t closed to the public until the governor ordered so, a few days before this OP was written.

The OP states The title wasn’t transferred and was left in the car for a month. A copy was made, but no trip to the DMV even though it would have been possible for 4 weeks, until ordered closed by the Governor.

It’s strange that the owner would know at that minute, the title hadn’t been transferred and he would have no problem taking the car back without being arrested for GTA. He unlocked the door to a car titled in his name, not a “break in” (even if he was ethnic ).

Old 04-12-2020, 08:31 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
The OP was written on 3/31, stating the car was paid for on 2/26 when the exchange of money took place. In MN it was announced on 3/27: “DMV To Close March 28–April 10 After Latest Executive Order From Governor Walz”. I walked into the DMV to renew my license that week, I looked online for one open on a Saturday even. It wasn’t closed to the public until the governor ordered so, a few days before this OP was written.

The OP states The title wasn’t transferred and was left in the car for a month. A copy was made, but no trip to the DMV even though it would have been possible for 4 weeks, until ordered closed by the Governor.

It’s strange that the owner would know at that minute, the title hadn’t been transferred and he would have no problem taking the car back without being arrested for GTA. He unlocked the door to a car titled in his name, not a “break in” (even if he was ethnic ).

While perhaps not wise, it’s not at all uncommon for people to delay transferring a title after a private sale.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:41 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
While perhaps not wise, it’s not at all uncommon for people to delay transferring a title after a private sale.
Yes, I’ve bought things from private sellers before. But the title in the glove box? Just saying, it’s not because of the shelter-in-place ordered a month later.

Strange the seller would know and take a chance like that, taking off in a car he sold that long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota