Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 11:33 AM

5,339 posts, read 14,073,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
The thing about real estate is that it is always a gamble, because houses are treated more like financial assets than homes. We never know for sure if prices will rise or fall. We can only predict it, like the weather.

However, some experts have been predicting a crash for a couple years now, because many housing markets (such as the Twin Cities) are in a bubble, and the bubble keeps growing. Prices are too high. They're rising too fast. Too many of the purchases are being made by investors, often sight-unseen. Etc...

On the other hand, some experts say it won't pop, and if it does, prices will come down gradually, not crashing like last time.

The question is which experts are right? Which do you trust?

I trust the former more than that latter. For one thing, most of the latter (those who say prices will continue to rise) are people in the real estate industry, who have a vested interest in promoting the idea that it is safe to buy overpriced houses. They profit from the sale of houses, and profit even more when the prices are higher.
The twin cities economy is very strong and always has been. It is very unlikely that there is going to be any POP in real estate prices. This is not 2008.

Old 11-11-2021, 01:14 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,358,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Great choice in moving to Colorado. Joe Biden crushed Trump by close to 14%, it is rapidly becoming one of the most liberal states, and the latino population has one of the largest percentage increases in the country.

Clearly you are someone who craves liberal politics, diversity, and mountains. You will get a healthy dose of all three in 5 years.

I don't think you have to be a liberal to vote Biden over Trump. Just, sane.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:51 AM

249 posts, read 498,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
I don't think you have to be a liberal to vote Biden over Trump. Just, sane.
I was a republican until Trump. The anti-gay marriage pushed me closer to Independent, and Trump sealed the deal. Never voting Republican again. I voted Biden and I'll do it again, happily. Far from a liberal.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:52 AM

588 posts, read 556,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
We live in an apartment complex, not sure exactly how many units but it's decent sized and we got NO trick or treaters. Not sure why. There is also another apartment complex bigger than where I live directly across the street. Also close to nice neighborhoods which I am sure have kids. Seems like it has been like that the last few years.

Down side we have a huge bag of candy. I put it in the freezer. :-)
This must be your first experience living in an apartment. As Slamont said previously, most apartments set up their own trick or treating arrangements. Also, your experience of Halloween in Portland Oregon is completely irrelevant to the discussion of moving from CA to MN. Honestly, the majority of your posts here in this MN sub forum about Portland are mostly irrelevant.

This thread has completely derailed from the OP’s topic…where is the mod??

Old 11-12-2021, 07:40 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,358,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
I was a republican until Trump. The anti-gay marriage pushed me closer to Independent, and Trump sealed the deal. Never voting Republican again. I voted Biden and I'll do it again, happily. Far from a liberal.
I consider myself somewhere between independent and a classical liberal. I used to be more open to the republican party until 2016/2017. Covid really sank that ship, though.

Ironically it seems the GOP has become less anti-gay but more flat out insane. We have entire state senators beefing with the muppets on Sesame Street over vaccines... Yea, they're too far gone.

I likely won't vote for Biden again, though. That's a different story for a different time lol.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:50 AM

5,852 posts, read 2,787,328 times
Quote:
" Far from Liberal " not by what you have posted in the past.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:08 PM

125 posts, read 119,649 times
Red Wing is really nice. Affordable, scenic, has a lot of healthcare jobs, close to rural living. It’d honestly check off your whole list and be more convenient than many of the other cities mentioned.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:14 AM

26,373 posts, read 46,209,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDlife View Post
Red Wing is really nice. Affordable, scenic, has a lot of healthcare jobs, close to rural living. It’d honestly check off your whole list and be more convenient than many of the other cities mentioned.
Also, it is near/right on top of the Driftless Region and Mississippi River, nice area.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:24 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,758,030 times
Quote:
Still feel this way? Biden again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota