Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennfam View Post
As we continue our move research, we're being told that I-90 closes "12-15 times" each wintre between Rochester and WI. I've googled it and cannot find out anything except that gates exist. What's the news on the ground? Does it close this frequently? If so what do folks to about getting to work?
Thanks
Rennfam

You guys are really very lucky to be moving into one of the most beautiful areas in the country -- it is known as "bluff country". Rushford is about 10 miles south of I90 -- it is a real nice, small town with plenty of new homes. Perhaps the prettiest town around there is a small town called Lanesboro -- check it out. All sorts of canoeing and bike paths. Perhaps the most convenient town would be Chatfield. It is closer to Rochester than LaCrosse but very close to I90.

You have been blessed -- really nice area. However, live in Minnesota -- lower taxes than Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 16,155 times
Default I need a ride from Rochester to Winona in Early May

Hi everybody!
My roommate and I are planning on kayaking the whole Mississippi River in the beginning of May through the end of July. We will be starting in Winona, but the problem we are facing is that the closest airport is in Rochester. Therefore we will need a ride getting to Winona from Rochester. If anyone can help us begin our adventure of a life time, please contact me either by email Teowen@eagle.fgcu.edu or by phone (239) 821-7568
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and we will most certainty cover any expenses it may cost for you to do us this favor. Thanks again, and I look forward to talking to you and giving you additional details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota