Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:37 AM

4 posts, read 21,502 times

Advertisements

In every Minnesotan city where Somali people live, you see too many Somali Community Organizations. Every single one of those Organizations claims that it truly represents the collective Somali population. According to unofficial statistics, almost 100,000 Somalis live in the State, and one Community Organization would be enough for every city instead of dozens of Community Organizations for every small community, which accomplish less but waste time and energy. Although I would be the one answering the question instead of asking because I'm originally from Somalia, I would like to ask my fellow Somali ethnic bothers and sisters, especially those evolved with those organizations, who might know more about this issue, why is it so? Non-Somali knowledgeable commentors are also welcome to answer this, and please, give me frank comments with no crap. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:04 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
I haven't noticed a problem with an excess of Somali community organizations. I have noticed that you can't go 2 blocks in any direction in my neighborhood without running into a "Halal meat" corner store. I can't say I have a problem with corner convenience stores though.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:32 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
You would have to establish what is "too many."

Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 21,502 times
Originally posted by Sling

I haven't noticed a problem with an excess of Somali community organizations. I have noticed that you can't go 2 blocks in any direction in my neighborhood without running into a "Halal meat" corner store. I can't say I have a problem with corner convenience stores though.

You don't have to bring another issue if you don't have anything relevant to the question, and what you wrote implies that you like beating around the bush and that you have a problem with staying in the topic when it comes to discussing anything. No hard feelings!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:40 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Somali owned small businesses are technically organizations within the community so it wouldn't be untrue to consider them "community organizations." Maybe you should be a little bit more descriptive about what specific community organizations you're referring too. Your original post implies that you are too vague and not straight to the point, no hard feelings.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 AM

21 posts, read 83,455 times
Its the same reason why we have so many Hmong, or other foreign cultures populating Minnesota, we give them any and everything they want. We pay their healthcare and give them all the breaks...hmm..maybe I can say i am from Germany...I am about 2 generations ago.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:31 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,859 times
Because you got different Clans and religion groups.
Its Islam

Last edited by FinnishAmerican; 02-21-2009 at 02:45 AM..

Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM

159 posts, read 238,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugga Chugga Choo Choo View Post
Its the same reason why we have so many Hmong, or other foreign cultures populating Minnesota, we give them any and everything they want. We pay their healthcare and give them all the breaks...hmm..maybe I can say i am from Germany...I am about 2 generations ago.
And they pay us back by being a better somalian community, unlike the ones in europe.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM

13 posts, read 44,839 times
Default Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugga Chugga Choo Choo View Post
I can't believe His question, but shocked at your answer.
The government is paying Those People back for invading Their homeland, Yes, even Germany!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 AM

71 posts, read 288,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
Because you got different Clans and religion groups.
Its Islam
The more one tries to come ass knowledgeable about something they have no understanding off, the more they end up humiliating themselves.

Somali's do belong to different clans but practically ALL Somalis follow a singular branch of Islam-Sunni Islam and Somalis never fight one another due to religion. It is almost always clan issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: