Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,340 times

Advertisements

We're moving in a couple of weeks to Bemidji and would like any links, or info any of you have for preschools in the Walker, La Porte and Bemidji areas.

Appreciate your help
S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
I don't know of any preschools in that area but just a tip-if you are living in Bemidji, go to a preschool in Bemidji. You DON'T want to drive to Walker or any other town during the winter. It is a very rural, isolated area and it isn't like the town next door is really 'next door".

Bemidji is a GREAT area though.

Oh, look at the Early Childhood Family Education, ECFE, program--they generally have some kind of preschool and it is a great way to meet other families.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthomp View Post
We're moving in a couple of weeks to Bemidji and would like any links, or info any of you have for preschools in the Walker, La Porte and Bemidji areas.

Appreciate your help
S.
I assume you have been to the Bemidji area before? Northern MN is the polar opposite to MO in just about every way imaginable. Bemidji is quite a friendly town right along the lake with some neat shops as well as some cultural offerings. I liked the feel of the town when I visited, but be prepared for temps lower than -30F in the winter without including wind chill.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 PM

10 posts, read 31,865 times
golfgal is 100% right on this - if you're living in Bemidji, you need to find a preschool in Bemidji. Walker is a long drive away, and winter weather can change quickly for the worse. I would find an online Bemidji yellow pages and start my search there. Bemidji is small enough that it won't take you long to review the list and make some calls to research who has what you're looking for.

I hope you've been to Bemidji before; otherwise, it may be a bit of a shock. It's small (around 12,000 people), one movie theater, no fine dining (if you're into that), and COLD. However, the people are some of the friendliest you'll meet, crime is low, summers are nice, and the college has excellent teachers.

Best of luck!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:14 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Just a couple I've found;

Calvary Lutheran Church, Bemidji, Minnesota - Celebrating 100 Years (1908 - 2008)

https://trinitybemidji.ctsmemberconn...t/home-ctrl.do

And this //www.city-data.com/forum/minne...l-bemidji.html

Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM

5 posts, read 11,019 times
Default Fine Dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoranwolf View Post
I hope you've been to Bemidji before; otherwise, it may be a bit of a shock. It's small (around 12,000 people), one movie theater, no fine dining (if you're into that), and COLD. However, the people are some of the friendliest you'll meet, crime is low, summers are nice, and the college has excellent teachers.
Just an update regarding Sonoranwolf's post on the lack of fine dining in Bemidji. We just had a restaurant called Sparkling Waters open right across from the Hampton Inn / Green Mill Restaurant on the lake. I would classify it in the fine dining range and I have been hearing good feedback on it. I haven't been there myself, so take it for what it's worth.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM

13 posts, read 44,823 times
You will Like Bemidji!
I would call the School/Church You might attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota