Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 PM

638 posts, read 3,123,604 times

Advertisements

Actually, I was thinking that if enough parents would threaten to withdraw their students from the school the school might re-think their policy on little kids crossing a busy highway!

Kind of like a threat of a mass resignation of employees could make a boss change a workplace policy that endangers the workers.

As far as sports buses, my kids did have to walk (or run) to the activity fields which were about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away. It didn't hurt them any at the time; but we did have to listen to them complain about "how hard" it was to go that far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 37,889 times
Default Busing just one minor blemish

The busing issue has been resolved. The state had to come bail out the city politicians because of their poor planning and their cheap political extortion attempts on the citizens. As a Twin Cities transplant, our family moved here with the promise of cheaper living, small-town culture and family values. What we're discovering is the local government is full of stubborn good ole boys who are not capable of forward thinking. Having only purchased our home in November we are waiting for the housing market to boom again and are moving back to the cities where at least educated people run for office.

There are two sides to this city, the old side north of HWY 169 and the new side (made up of twin cities transplants) south of HWY 169. The government is run by citizens from the old side and serves their interests with mostly south side's (most taxable) tax contributions. This city might be worth moving to if representation from those who bear the largest tax burden was equal.

This interesting political dynamic is amplified within the busing issue when the fact that only 2 school board members have children attending school while the rest have no children in the system......

I'm surprised no one on this forum discussed the severe lack of fiscal responsibility of this government either. THIRTY EIGHT MILLION for one elementary school that cannot even accept a full compliment of elementary students and does not have the funding to stay maintained! I would run for office myself but considering I have a business degree, I am unable to speak caveman to these morons.

Hopefully someone more politically savvy than I WITH business sense will run for office, stop raising taxes at disgusting levels to support disgusting spending (I realize an expanding community needs services and infrastructure to support the citizens).

Signed,
Concerned citizen who will be moving soon to where busing is never used as an extortion tactic by representatives to force budget increases (for other issues besides busing as well).

Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 AM

5 posts, read 20,940 times
Thank you everyone for your interest and concern,I do appreciate all of your suggestions. We did get our bussing back for the children that would have had to make that " Dangerous Walk " at least for the up coming school year ( thanks only the the State passing an increased budget ) , we will be voting for at least 3 new school board members this year. The 3 board members , whose terms are up, will not be running for re-election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota