Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 PM

737 posts, read 1,654,169 times

Advertisements

I am happy to say that very soon my girlfriend and I will be moving to Minnesota. St. Paul to be exact! Where do most people from the area head to for some weekend R&R, specifically cabin rentals?

Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
I am happy to say that very soon my girlfriend and I will be moving to Minnesota. St. Paul to be exact! Where do most people from the area head to for some weekend R&R, specifically cabin rentals?

Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Go to VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vrbo.com - broken link)

Vacation Home Rental & Vacation Rentals By Owner - Florida Vacation Rentals and click on the MN or WI icon (ignore that "Florida vacation rental" verbage.

I put my cabin on these sites and it works out well for both parties.

Good luck!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:25 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,600,015 times
Id say that most (not all though) but alot of people head up north to the north Shore Duluth area and beyond.
Lots of resorts style of cabin renting in the Grand Rapids, Cass Lake, Park Rapids and Brainerd areas. Many of these rentals can be primitive and secluded depending on what your style is.
Getting up In the Bemidji and Blackduck area the sweetest spots are here also.

Many opportunities in and around the Duluth area also depending how how much drive time you want to invest in the long hard worked for weekend.

Good luck have fun and Northern Minnesota is my favorite place for R&R also.

Thanks

Old 09-17-2009, 04:34 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,600,015 times
Some areas around Park Rapids Nevis Bemidji areas
cabin rentals Park Rapids area - Google Maps

Up near Ely is a great one
Ely Minnesota Resorts | Boundary Waters Outfitters | Ely MN Guided Fishing Trips | Fly-Fishing Trips

And in the Duluth and some North Shore areas
duluth mn resort cabin rentals - Google Maps

Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Thanks guys, we were thinking of maybe renting a cabin for Christmas not sure if that would be an option or not? We are from the south so we have never had a "White Christmas" before. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM

64 posts, read 223,198 times
there are cabins to rent by the thousands in this state. Pretty much any lake outside the metro will have a resort on it. yo uwill find all the way from one room shacks to 4 star Hilton owned places. BTW, you dont need to go as far as Duluth to find a good spot.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzy View Post
there are cabins to rent by the thousands in this state. Pretty much any lake outside the metro will have a resort on it. yo uwill find all the way from one room shacks to 4 star Hilton owned places. BTW, you dont need to go as far as Duluth to find a good spot.
Where would you suggest? We were trying to find something for the Christmas weekend. By the way I have been here in the Twin Cities now for 3 days an I have been very impressed! I love the public park systems (Minneapolis and St. Paul).

Old 09-20-2009, 08:21 PM

30 posts, read 106,511 times
Not every resort is open year-round... especially with single cabins. One place I would suggest for winter is up around Lutsen, MN (just north of Duluth of the Lake Superior shore). There are winter activities of all kinds nearby, and it's very pretty in the winter. I would always suggest to watch the weather reports and prepare accordingly. The weather on the north shore can change quickly!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 PM

Thanks again!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
The best spot to rent will determine what you want to do and your budget.

So. What do you want to do and what is your budget??

Wisconsin Dells (for instance)( has indoor water parks). Others want a fireplace to read and do absolutely nothing. So the variations are endless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota