Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-21-2023, 04:06 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Reputation: 16059

Advertisements

The DFL decided that the farmer working in his field and the Native American on his horse waving to the farmer were offensive.

I cannot nor am I willing to try to get into their heads to see where their ideas come from.

But they are in charge so the flag get's changed to something that looks like a middle school student did.

And they are spending close to a billion dollars on a new office for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2023, 05:40 PM
 
323 posts, read 139,648 times
Reputation: 1346
I like the new flag design because of the design, not because it triggers the reactionaries. That's just a nice bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2023, 03:36 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Reputation: 16059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew in Minnesota View Post
I like the new flag design because of the design, not because it triggers the reactionaries. That's just a nice bonus.
Looks like something a 7 year old would draw with crayons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2023, 09:05 PM
 
323 posts, read 139,648 times
Reputation: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew in Minnesota View Post
I like the new flag design because of the design, not because it triggers the reactionaries. That's just a nice bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Looks like something a 7 year old would draw with crayons.
And they compulsively invent excuses to rationalize their irrational triggering!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2024, 07:11 AM
 
341 posts, read 185,076 times
Reputation: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The DFL decided that the farmer working in his field and the Native American on his horse waving to the farmer were offensive.

I cannot nor am I willing to try to get into their heads to see where their ideas come from.

But they are in charge so the flag get's changed to something that looks like a middle school student did.

And they are spending close to a billion dollars on a new office for themselves.

What's a "farmer" ?


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2024, 11:15 AM
 
542 posts, read 452,019 times
Reputation: 1652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The DFL decided that the farmer working in his field and the Native American on his horse waving to the farmer were offensive.

I cannot nor am I willing to try to get into their heads to see where their ideas come from.

But they are in charge so the flag get's changed to something that looks like a middle school student did.

And they are spending close to a billion dollars on a new office for themselves.
I complete agree that you cannot understand. You need to understand US history.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Looks like something a 7 year old would draw with crayons.
The best flag designs are exactly that. If you think of the iconic and best country/state flags are ones that can be drawn by a 7 year old using crayons.

**********************************

I like the flag. My only complaint is that the star should have been 6 point vs. 8 point. It would reflect the snowflake and the star. I like the k shape representing the states general shape. I am pleased they got rid of the green. A good job that will be distinct and will beloved in years to come. I am also enjoying the lament of people not liking the flag. Their tears amuse me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2024, 11:17 AM
 
542 posts, read 452,019 times
Reputation: 1652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew in Minnesota View Post
And they compulsively invent excuses to rationalize their irrational triggering!
I love the conservatives being irrationally triggered over a new state flag design...good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2024, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Southern MN
12,098 posts, read 8,494,592 times
Reputation: 45007
LOL, given that nothing we ever do these days is woke enough I think we should just have a flag that says, "Minnesota - the State where slavery has never been legal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2024, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Northern California
4,722 posts, read 3,054,807 times
Reputation: 8549
The introduction of a new state flag is a rare event.
It ought to happen more often, because most of the state flags are boring!
(the state seal on a blue background)
Give Minn credit for creating something distinctive.

My personal-favorite state flags are still MD, AZ & NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2024, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Montreal
2,097 posts, read 1,144,458 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
The introduction of a new state flag is a rare event.
It ought to happen more often, because most of the state flags are boring!
(the state seal on a blue background)
Give Minn credit for creating something distinctive.

My personal-favorite state flags are still MD, AZ & NM.


State, Provincial and Country flags should change every coupla years just to keep us from falling asleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top