Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 02:50 AM

5 posts, read 12,458 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can you please share information on housing options. I would love to rent a 3-bdr house for the period of time we will be living in Ramsey County; I must have a least 2 baths though.

I am also looking to network with other single parents that have recently relocated to MN that would be willing to share their experiences - lessons learned.

I have two special needs children; son 10 and daughter 7 that will require a lot of planning and coordination. I will be traveling very soon to St. Paul and would like info on what to see and do while I am there; Mall of America may be an option but more than likely it will be too overwhelming for the kids.

I guess the last thing I looking for are helpful posts on job markets; since I will be taking a leave of absence from my government job to temporarily relocate to Ramsey. Going from a mid 50K job to next to nothing is a bit intimidiating, but I am in search of theraputic treatment options for my son that do not currently exist where we live now.

P.S. Are the YMCA very big in this part of the country? We do a lot of indoor swimming at our local Y's. Indoor waterparks are the "rage" here. Do people still use words like that or have I really dated myself.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: