U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM

15 posts, read 41,304 times

Advertisements

My family and I are in the process of relocating to and starting a business in Zumbrota.

I am originally from Wisconsin smaller towns e.g.WI Dells, Baraboo, etc.

I enjoyed the small town atmosphere very much we want to allow the children to have a small town to grow up in.
Basically to be more specific I need information on the housing market, community and the area in general.

Also what activities are around that area? any info would be of great help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM

2,092 posts, read 4,310,642 times
Frontenac State Park for its fantastic birdwatching many eagles, several different warblers species and fox and other

Tiffany Bottoms State SNA Tiffany Bottoms State Natural Area - WDNR

Fife Mile Bluff Prarie SNA

Nelson Trevino Bottoms SNA Nelson-Trevino Bottoms State Natural Area - WDNR (http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/sna/index.asp?SNA=81 - broken link)

Zumbro WMA and canoe river trails (SO FUN) http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/ca...tes/zumbro.pdf

Very beautiful and great trails http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/outdoor_activities/state_parks/john_latsch/bird_checklist.pdfhttp://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/john_latsch/index.html

and Great River Bluffs State Park

Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,161,190 times
I haven't looked in a while but when I have looked in the past, the homes in Zumbrota have been very affordable. Also there are other cities nearby that are a short drive to Zumbrota - for example Pine Island, which is also a very nice small town. I haven't explored Zumbrota much yet but from what I have seen, it's nice.

Being close to Rochester will be nice. It's about a 20 minute drive to Rochester. It's also only about 40 minutes to the south side of the Twin Cities from Zumbrota so easy to visit if you are interested.

I think you'll find the overall area is very nice and a great place to live.

If you need more specific information, just let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you if I don't have the answers.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:10 AM

26 posts, read 77,122 times
I lived in Zumbrota for 20 years, so hopefully I can offer some unique insight to the discussion. I am curious, what type of business? The reason that I ask is that Zumbrota is a little unique in that many of it's residents go to Rochester, the Cities, Red Wing, etc. for shopping, eating out, etc. Many people already work in those locations so they choose to do their shopping and dining out of town. I have seen many businesses come and go in town, although if you fill the right niche you may thrive!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM

Thank to everyone for the quick responses

Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM

(Heartwd) thank you for your assistance.
We are in the Process of opening a unique Coffee House- Bistro Concept. I am aware there are at least two other coffee Cafe's in town, however we expect from our research that our concept should be well accepted and embraced, although I would gladly receive incite from a former resident.
Our location should provide us a strong advantage as we are locating to a frontage of hwy 52

Thank you again for your response

Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
I haven't looked in a while but when I have looked in the past, the homes in Zumbrota have been very affordable. Also there are other cities nearby that are a short drive to Zumbrota - for example Pine Island, which is also a very nice small town. I haven't explored Zumbrota much yet but from what I have seen, it's nice.

Being close to Rochester will be nice. It's about a 20 minute drive to Rochester. It's also only about 40 minutes to the south side of the Twin Cities from Zumbrota so easy to visit if you are interested.

I think you'll find the overall area is very nice and a great place to live.

If you need more specific information, just let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you if I don't have the answers.

Thank you for your help I think at first I would like to consider renting only for the Fact that i Would like to look at homes around the area, instead of just jumping at the first place available would you know of any relator's that would assist in finding rentals available

Thank you again for your time

Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 PM

For rentals, I would recommend Jon Espy. He's in Rochester but I'm sure he'll have info on Zumbrota or at least be able to point you in the right direction if he can't help. He has a website (Infinity Real Estate & Management Group). We worked with him on finding our rental. Great guy!

Also, once you are going to open or do open, look at talking to Jeff Kiger of the Post-Bulletin in Rochester. he does the business stuff so maybe he could do a blurb about your place.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
For rentals, I would recommend Jon Espy. He's in Rochester but I'm sure he'll have info on Zumbrota or at least be able to point you in the right direction if he can't help. He has a website (Infinity Real Estate & Management Group). We worked with him on finding our rental. Great guy!

Also, once you are going to open or do open, look at talking to Jeff Kiger of the Post-Bulletin in Rochester. he does the business stuff so maybe he could do a blurb about your place.
You have been A huge Help Thank you very much

Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM

You are very welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota