Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 PM

8 posts, read 25,682 times

Advertisements

My destination is in Minnesota; I don't know where, but I want to get there as soon as I can. The two most important places are Duluth and the Minneapolis - Richfield - West St Paul tri-area.

I don't have a job or a car. I don't have money, either. I don't care how I survive out there, too - I've been in worse weather so long as I can find a job, I would consider the deal sealed. I just need to know where I could start looking for a job over there. Any industry. Anything I can take. If I need more than one, then that's fine, I just don't know where I would start looking for one.

It would only be me moving. I don't have much and I'm not taking much of anything other than what I need to keep me warm and clothed. A single room apartment or rented room would be fine. All I'm asking is where I could start looking. I can't be where I'm at anymore; it's not good for me. I'm currently in california.

please, help me.

Last edited by Bo; 01-18-2010 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Moved from General US. Threads about a single state are off topic in General US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM

160 posts, read 454,541 times
This is the number for First Call for Help....try it 1-800-543-7709

Then respond back on here and let me know what they said. They may know of some open jobs, although there is a lot of people out of work. However, sounds like your pretty open to doing anything.

This is a bad time of year to move as it's cold here. Although today was nice at 23 degrees.

I'll keep you in my prayers

Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM

150 posts, read 405,388 times
What kind of work can you do? And why are you looking as far north as Duluth and as far south as the cities? If you can do manual labor, the taconite mines are opening back up around Hibbing/Eveleth. You might want to check it out at http://www.cliffsnaturalresources.com/Pages/Home.aspx

And here's a mining job hunt site: http://www.job.com/my.job/sup/jsOn=1

You might also check out Marvin's Windows and Doors in Waroad, also in northern MN.

Good Luck and God Bless

Susie

Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM

One more thing....Minneapolis and St. Paul are the largest cities, which would mean more jobs. All the cities you mentioned may be a good choice for a job.

Also, go on Monster.com and see what jobs are available in the twin cities.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
no car, no job, no money

That just about guarantees you'll be living on the streets homeless wherever you re-locate to.

In that scenario, ( living on the street) , a warm climate would be better.

Texas is always bragged up as having a good economy.

Sorry if my post sounds cruel, but no reason to sugar coat facts.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM

Weather doesn't concern me; I've been through worse conditions. I'll have to check the number you gave me, tomorrow, but thank you regardless what it is.

I have two years of technical experience in customer service and support and a phone center as well as assistant managerial experience, cash handling and shipping/recieving. I am skilled in computer hardware (non engineering), network support and heavy data entry. As I've implied, though: I'm willing to do anything with a paycheck enough to feed me no matter how little and possibly keep a roof over my head.

By now, I've done all the research I can and my destination is within, specifically, the Richfield/Bloomington-Eagan-West St Paul tri-area.

I fully understand the risks I would be taking in going sooner than later especially concerning the weather. If there is any information about possible shelters or community homes, that would be of great use to me. It's of no concern to me whether I have a place to go beforehand, but would be appreciated if I could get help or information in finding one.

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers - it's all I have left. Any more information would be extremely appreciated.

You don't know what this means to me; bless you all.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Hope View Post
Weather doesn't concern me; I've been through worse conditions. I'll have to check the number you gave me, tomorrow, but thank you regardless what it is.

I have two years of technical experience in customer service and support and a phone center as well as assistant managerial experience, cash handling and shipping/recieving. I am skilled in computer hardware (non engineering), network support and heavy data entry. As I've implied, though: I'm willing to do anything with a paycheck enough to feed me no matter how little and possibly keep a roof over my head.

By now, I've done all the research I can and my destination is within, specifically, the Richfield/Bloomington-Eagan-West St Paul tri-area.

I fully understand the risks I would be taking in going sooner than later especially concerning the weather. If there is any information about possible shelters or community homes, that would be of great use to me. It's of no concern to me whether I have a place to go beforehand, but would be appreciated if I could get help or information in finding one.

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers - it's all I have left. Any more information would be extremely appreciated.

You don't know what this means to me; bless you all.
We all go through hard times....it's why I choose not to judge you and help you instead. Just please choose to change your circumstances for the better, whether that is to move out of your current situation, or look in the mirror and try to be a better person than you were yesterday. It also doesn't hurt to ask God to help, guide and protect you!

Here is information on the Homeless shelter in downtown Minneapolis.

Contact Sharing & Caring Hands

525 North 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55405
612-338-4640
Office Hours
M - Th: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Email:info@sharingandcaringhands.org

I'm pulling for you! Make me proud!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 AM

Doing this is changing things for the better. I have nothing where I am. I am nothing here; for myself, I need to get away from this hurt, this negativity; this belittlement and guilt put upon me by others I once loved will only bring me down and keep me from the future, the respect and the Love that I feel deserve and wish to give to those deserving of mine.

My heart has been taken away from me recently under selfish circumstances - my dignity and well being was brought down by so much hate and so much death and fear of nothingness because of one persons actions to be so selfish as to take that away from me. Among this chaos enigma, I push myself everyday and pray in understanding how and why this change is necessary, and more importantly - needed.

What Love I could give to the one person that took all the pain away is now gone, too. Whether it a week, a month or years from now - I can not stop moving, I can not let what evil things I am engulfed in here take control of everything; not until I can have the chance to find fulfill what Love and future beheld I believe is deserving of each other will I ever stop hoping that my strength that shall lead me to that point in time will be guidance enough in making everything that is not so, now, right.

I can't be here because I fear for a life I believe was meant to be cared for from the intentions I hold. I can't be here because everything that I do and have done to simply try and be a good person has been brought down by others who are judgmental and imposing of their beliefs and opinions. Home life offers nothing in return; those I've called family can be cold and distant.

Hard times are the least of my troubles. A hard life, I've been in for what seems forever. My motivation is to make things right with the one I know I truly love and keep them safe and well for as long as they would so choose; with the things I know I deserve a chance at; with the future I believe I deserve a chance to create for myself and those around me; and with the people, support, and positivity I believe I have a right to feel.

I've given everything I could to all those around me, and still so few understood that my intentions we not those of others who would betray or guilt or shame or hate. My love has been mistaken for hate by everyone I've known but one.

This is why I have to move. I hope you understand. I hope no others judge. I hope you can be at peace with my decisions; I mean no harm.

"One who can be silent with another in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with another in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with them the reality of our powerlessness, that is one who truly Loves-"

I apologize if this is too dramatic for some; I appreciate it so much for this help at all. Thank you for the shelter information.

- I John 4:18

Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 48,385 times
Minnesota is very cold this time of year. Summer is coming though which is always nice around here. I know you say that you have lived in worse, but it really can be harsh.

The cities is a nice enough area. Especially if you are looking for a job.

My personal suggestion would be the Duluth area however. Lake Superior and the North Shore can offer some serious soul healing. If you are not picky about a job I'm sure you should be able to find something. Hermantown, which is up the hill from Duluth, has turned into a pretty busy area with businesses. You should be able to find reasonable housing in the area. There are 3 colleges in the area and so renters keep prices somewhat low.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joh1016 View Post
Minnesota is very cold this time of year. Summer is coming though which is always nice around here. I know you say that you have lived in worse, but it really can be harsh.

The cities is a nice enough area. Especially if you are looking for a job.

My personal suggestion would be the Duluth area however. Lake Superior and the North Shore can offer some serious soul healing. If you are not picky about a job I'm sure you should be able to find something. Hermantown, which is up the hill from Duluth, has turned into a pretty busy area with businesses. You should be able to find reasonable housing in the area. There are 3 colleges in the area and so renters keep prices somewhat low.
Apparently many posters are reading the OP's post different than the way I read it.

He stated-----" no car,no job, no money "

What good does it do to tell a person there are cheap rentals ?

Even if the day he arrives in Minnesota he finds a job and starts working that very same day (highly unlikely) , he won't be recieving his first paycheck in quite awhile until he can qualify/afford to rent

I think the ones who really wanted to help him were the ones who steered him to a homeless shelter.

Even if he found a job immediately, he still would need a homeless shelter to live for quite awhile.

To the OP-----------have you considered the military?

Once you depart you will have free room and board until your first paycheck arrives. Also, the military could utilize the talents you already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota