Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 PM

47 posts, read 225,530 times

Advertisements

I went to get a haircut in north Minneapolis a while ago. Stopped at the first barber shop I could find. Run by northside folks at Broadway near Emerson. Turned out to be a salon/barber shop. Quite busy. They are definitely into black hair. Hey, I'm white. They didn't miss a beat. Just went ahead and I got a very nice short, businessman's haircut, which is very hard to find nowadays. So I'd say these folks are pros & versatile.

Re-Nick-hey you must be in my neighborhood! I went to the Silver Clip about two years ago. High priced. But ok.

Hope this lady finds what she wants.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Wow! It's reading insane prices like some of these that makes me feel fortunate to know I can still get a great hair cut in my own neck of the woods for just $10!

Best of luck, though, in finding your perfect salon!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspryce View Post
Thanks! I sent you a private message so that I can get further contact info for your stylist. I'm starting to feel optimistic already...
So how did the hair dresser from Aveda work out?? I have 3 heaad that need to be done BADLY, I live in the suburbs of St. Cloud so I'll make the hour drive, no problem!!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 PM

98 posts, read 334,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blessed2stress View Post
Well, my stylist started in the "hood" salons She ended up in the Aveda salon because she liked the idea of collecting a paycheck as opposed to working then paying booth rent.

There is another black stylist and I had her do my hair once...Yikes. She blow dried it and used a plug-in curling iron. My hair looked horrible. My stylist uses good 'ole marcell irons She keeps my hair in tip-top shape. I will tell you, I get overwhelmed with the $$ at times and I will go in just for relaxers. Well, my hair ends up being a mess when I do that! My hair is healthy and gorgeous when I go in on a regular basis. I've seen her do everything from short snips, roller sets, weaves, long styles. I'll send you her name and the # via private msg if you like...
Now you know where to meet people, right here.
You had a previous thread, where to meet other black people.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 20,540 times
Default black hair stylists in minneapolis?

okay the oldest post here is from April 2008 just wondeing if anyone has found the great stylist out there new here live in Eden Prairie looking for someone to do my hair that will not wreck it. I too dislike sitting all day want to just get in and out. However would like a stylist with some personality nothing more frightening than having a stylist that is mean,..geez,,.,

Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,108 times
Is there anyone who knows of a good stylist in Maple Grove? I am just not having a lot of luck. I want a roller set so that my hair will grow again in a healthy way. My hair was in great shape when I first arrived here but now the back is broke off and my hair is thinning. I go to the hairdresser weekly----something is wrong?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM

297 posts, read 841,758 times
My stylist has left Aveda & is at Denny Kemp in Mpls (Central Ave). Too much money! I've started taking care of my own hair. Found a fabulous site, lhcf.com with awesome tips. And many maintain Fotki albums that are very detailed. Now, I've seen pics of people who a year ago had a broken mess on their heads, who now have luscious manes, from self care.

I've taught myself how to do roller sets and I love it! I wash my hair twice a week, roller setting once, and rarely using direct heat. It is working.

But, if you are not into DIY, you may not be able to find a stylist out in MG. You probably have to hit the city.

Are you just needing a good stylist, no matter the $$? Do you wear a standard "style" like it's basically the same each time? Are you short, long, weaves? I can help you find someone, but I know people who are better for certain things.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 PM

4 posts, read 20,540 times
Jagwar I know someone that can do your hair she is the bomb with roller sets.....please leave me your email.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,042 times
I just moved to Brooklyn Park from Ann Arbor. My hair has gone so bad because I am in the same problem of finding a good black hair stylist in the area. Now, I want to cut my hair very short and start over, meaning grow new hair.
Please 2blessed2stress, help if you can. I want to go short haircut + style and good care. Any thoughts? I tried lhcf.com for good tips and is directing me to a christian website. I am really desperate and just want healthy and good looking hair.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,994 times
Default Hair needs

HI,
I am worndering how it worked out for you and if you could refer me to who you are using. I used to go to Vasuda and it was fine for me. However, Emmett the owner moved to Washington state and he was the only one who did my hair well.

I am Despreate. I need help. It took me 4 years to find him. I am not of african decent, but I have very coarse hair that is curly and thick. And none of the solons here know how to deal with it without giving me a poof and frizz and UGLY.

Please Help. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota