Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM

9 posts, read 35,336 times

Advertisements

Just Wondering If Anyone Has Heard Anything About Tishomingo Co. Trying To Become A Wet County? Is This A Good Idea For The County ?
What Is Your Personal Thought Since I Am A Resident There What Should We Expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 11:36 AM

251 posts, read 1,066,001 times
Why keep people from purchasing something they can get someplace else? Wouldn't your county want the extra tax money?

And Why Do You Type Like This? Doesn't your pinky get tired?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM

the town has always been very small and small i mean one red light in the whole county. the reason for not having this already i really don't have a good answer for that unless the people are scared for change. and for the way i type sorry i am kinda new to this maybe i will get a little better. lol thanks for the reply

Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 PM

20 posts, read 64,773 times
alchol brings crime.... yes people can get it anywhere, but when it's more easily to get your hands on children go unfed, bills go unpaid, and crime increases... crime and death will increase!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:33 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
I live in one of the wettest dry counties in North Mississippi. The county is Union county and if you think by keeping a county dry you will keep out crime and keep kids from going hungry, you are sadly mistaken.

There are many people in our county that drink. Some are even alcoholics and admit to the fact.

Adults should not be told what to buy or what not to buy when a substance is perfectly legal.

Since the people who are going to drink will drink regardless if a county is wet or dry, why do we want our tax dollars going to a neighboring county when these dollars could stay at home and be useful to our county.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM

the only thing that i was hoping for is that if it does pass though that it may be a little help for the economy or jobs. it is no secret iuka has always been lacking for jobs and good pay. i also understand your comment on how a person will get it if they want it. we are surrounded by wet counties so it is not that hard to get and i have always said that iuka was a very wet dry county. so yes we are losing tax money. your right. thanks for the reply

Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,550 times
I Believe that the right of drinking alcohol is the right of everybody that's 18 years and older. that's the voting age!! You can get drafted into war!! would it not be nice to have a glass of wine with our dinner. or even enjoy wine sauce over steak at a diner or buy some beer on the way home from a hot day's work. come out of the closet. wake up!! people are driving to wet countys buying stock piles of alcohol and spending money not only on alcohol but on goods and services out side of your county. vote for a wet county. vote for rights of we the people. I hope you can change water into wine in your town.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:22 AM

469 posts, read 2,735,933 times
I grew up in a dry county. At my high school, the kids would drive into the next county to buy alcohol, and then get killed trying to drive back. The most popular boy in school died in a car wreck this way during my junior year. I don't suppose it matters if they drink and drive on booze they bought in one county or another -- the parents need to take responsibility to rein their teenagers in and teach them to make good choices.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:17 AM

557 posts, read 1,674,194 times
I wonder why municipalities will bring the wet/dry issue up for a democratic vote of the people (as they should), but when it comes to smoking, they do what they want without the voters having a say. Several cities in Mississippi have been extremely heavy-handed over the smoking issue lately.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Default my opinion

That is a very good reply about the smoking issue. i myself am a smoker and i get mad sometimes that i can't smoke in some places but it is understandable as i said i am a smoker and i know that it does stink. i just don't like it when people look at me like i am some kind of nasty thug, criminal just because i smoke. i work every day of my life hardly do i ever take off from work. I am a strong family man who has good beliefs and am very caring towards children. If you are going to look at some one for there on choice what about fatty food they consume or salt, but then they say it effects everyone by second hand smoke, Ok well what about every car in the world that is putting off all these emissions that we all breathe every day. I would feel safe to say that one boeing 747 jet plane will put off more harmful emissions in one day than i will ever put off in my entire life. My opinion on this would be get rid of all harmful consumptions and lets all start living healthy and quit being hippacrites, but thats my opinion. kinda like as&$oles we all have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi