Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 AM

213 posts, read 761,866 times

Advertisements

Is anyone out there familiar to any degree with Lucedale? If so, I would appreciate ANY comments, description, facts etc. about this place. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 AM

356 posts, read 1,340,549 times
I don't really know anything about the town except that they have a huge craft show there in November. It isn't very far from Mobile or the Mississippi coast if that helps any. It's a small town, but at least it's not in the Delta.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:39 AM
DB3

55 posts, read 308,081 times
I can tell you that I just went to the Corn Field Maze in Lucedale last weekend. It seemed like it was about 30 miles inland from the coast, maybe a little more. The homes there were beautiful but very spread out. There were lots of nurseries and some farms. If you're looking to live in a rural area, I definitely think you should check it out. It definitely was a beautiful drive.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB3 View Post
I can tell you that I just went to the Corn Field Maze in Lucedale last weekend. It seemed like it was about 30 miles inland from the coast, maybe a little more. The homes there were beautiful but very spread out. There were lots of nurseries and some farms. If you're looking to live in a rural area, I definitely think you should check it out. It definitely was a beautiful drive.
DB3 and AUNTBEE: Thanks for the information. We are definitely rural type people and looking for that in the Lucedale area. Anyone else out there is welcome to chime in if you have any comments/knowledge about Lucedale.

Last edited by igloo; 09-21-2007 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Error in spelling.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,075,513 times
I have been to Lucedale a few times. It semed to be a nice little country town with a small town center. They had pots of flowers around and it looked quite cute. It is near Mobile and the coast and so would give you the best of both worlds. Countryside and access to shopping and services a short drive away.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:57 AM

268 posts, read 1,011,051 times
I know they have a Walmart as my husband sells to the Walmart there.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igloo View Post
Is anyone out there familiar to any degree with Lucedale? If so, I would appreciate ANY comments, description, facts etc. about this place. Thanks.
I live in Lucedale, what would you like to know? Where are you coming from?

Old 09-23-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveinMS View Post
I live in Lucedale, what would you like to know? Where are you coming from?
Thanks for logging in. We are considering either Lucedale or just outside of Hattiesburg. As far as Lucedale, it would be a farm outside of town. Just wondering about town politics, acceptance of newcomers who are not trying to change the world but just trying to fit it and get along, hot summers, etc. Have 2 adopted mixed race kids, 5 and 11, so I hope they would be accepted as well. In small towns many times there are a group of people who sort of "run the town" so I didn't know if Lucedale fitsthat mold. We currently live in West Virginia and used to go through MS on the way to Gulf Shores from Arkansas where we lived for 12years. Any helpful information from you would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 AM

60 posts, read 231,814 times
I'm sorry Igloo, dont know a thing about Lucedale and live in Horn Lake. Good luck! 1 of my daughters loves Hattiesburg and lived there for a short while. Her problem was she was working at the local Sonic and just couldn't make enough money to get by....same problem in a lot of small towns I've heard. She has friends who still live there and they seem to love it. She recently had to go to Jackson for job training and visited her friends in Hattiesburg while she was there.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM

11 posts, read 43,060 times
If not Lucedale then maybe 30 mile to the west, Wiggins/Perkinston. nice town, nice people. a little bigger than Lucedale but just as rural. Same 30 min distance from the coast, 1.5 hours from mobile and new oreleans. great schools. it has that small town feel that you see on tv. community fairs, day in the park, friday night lights kind of deal. i love it here myself. raised here but traveled a lot then settled in CA. Moved back 13 yrs ago and wont leave now. raising kids and all. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi