Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:17 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HSVAR View Post
I have been a member with other names for years...on this thread, see mrbeluksee response to the brain dead Randy triads...that is moi.
The fact of the matter is, any conditions that exists in MS can be found anywhere...furthermore...no matter how/when/what/good/bad/or indifferent MS is/becomes would never matter...this country will always look to MS to be its whipping board.
How many car manufacturing plants, rocket space shuttle testing sites, warships, chemical and oil refineries will need to change MS economic future...I don't know....but it will never matter in the eyes of the rest of the country...because MS is THE state to criticize and critique, independent of the rest of the country. MS is the poorest state in the nation, but gives to charity more than any other state...that's pretty profound...but do we see anyone talking about that...or that MS was the first state to perform a heart and lung transplant, or has more literary giants than any other state...nobody mentions these?
Go to mississippibelieveit.com to find out more about how many wonderful things MS has/done, rather than constantly, insidiously, and over repetitively siting all of its ills...which, again, could be stated for every state in the union. Fact is...if you don't like MS and have nothing good to say about...than keep your stupid, ignorant mouth shut! Don't like MS, don't ever come to visit, don't look at it, don't talk about it, change the station, pretend it doesn't exit...but oh, yeah...make sure to still take its tax dollars and anything else that it gives to the better good of society.
I don't know why I even go on this site, you people are just plain dumb!
Mississippi is a very church oriented state. How much of that charitable giving is in the form of church offerings, most (not all) of which just goes to support the operation of the church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 11:19 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You ever notice that the more "elite" the college, the more there is a tendency of the professors to know it all? Those university professors are themselves products of nothing more than "elite university" indoctrination.

So those nimrods (one who is socially inadequate), who believe they have all the answers, are charged with teaching the students who have done best in school. Those good students are "admitted" into Columbia, et al.
Then those "well trained" students go to Washington DC and get jobs as interns or press secretaries, and "learn" all about the evils of the U.S., and how it all must be changed.
Or they get hired by CNN or CBS where their credentials are flashed beneath their name while they find fault with every tradition and moral value in the world.

And the Liberal Press is born and reborn.

I sometimes wonder how the world would improve if college professors were only allowed to teach for 10 years, and the minimum age for admission to college was 25.
Just...wow.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:15 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,425 times
I see my post was deleted for the reason: please do not quote these kinds of posts. You missed a few where this post was quoted by others.

I take it my response was the actual problem. Kindly tell me this in the future.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:37 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The growth rate in New Hampshire is now the slowest it has been in 50 years. The population is aging and families with children are no longer moving there.
Fact is Mississippi grew 3.3% in population between 2010 and 2014; New Hampshire lagged far behind at .8%. Not only that but Mississippi has a population of 3 million vs 1.3 million in New Hampshire. So it seems people would much rather live in Mississippi than New Hampshire.
What census are you looking at bro? I'd love for you to be right, but census.gov shows MS with a 0.7% growth rate from 2010-2016 vs. a 1.4% for NH. I doubt 2014-2016 caused that type of decline.

However, I know very well that the federal government trivializes rural areas and usually just takes trends rather than actual census counts. I think MS did grow by 4% from 2000 to 2010. So, just curious where you got your information.

I also recognize that this post was from 2 years ago.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:39 AM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
What census are you looking at bro? I'd love for you to be right, but census.gov shows MS with a 0.7% growth rate from 2010-2016 vs. a 1.4% for NH. I doubt 2014-2016 caused that type of decline.

However, I know very well that the federal government trivializes rural areas and usually just takes trends rather than actual census counts. I think MS did grow by 4% from 2000 to 2010. So, just curious where you got your information.

I also recognize that this post was from 2 years ago.
While I do appreciate the question, I have to tell you that I have no idea where I got my information.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:23 PM

307 posts, read 241,778 times
Wow.. What a terrible thread. What the hell are people expecting when visiting Mississippi?? Its Mississippi for crying out loud! And no disrespect to Mississippi, I love the state. Both sides of my family are from Greenville/Leland area and I visit out there at least once if not twice a year. I enjoy myself immensely on my visits. I live in LA and enjoy most of the things this mega city has to offer.. but when I go to visit family in Mississippi do I say, "Where's the hot bars and lounges, the restaurants, where's the ocean breeze, where's the pro sports teams, etc. No, it is what it is. LA is LA, Mississippi is Mississippi, NY is NY, Green Bay is Green Bay, and so forth. I never understood the need to wonder why something isn't the same as something else. People should understand the differences of place to place and live life accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi