Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM

286 posts, read 209,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Actually, Mississippi has a higher voter turnout percentage than Utah, District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

It is nearly identical in voting percentage to Arkansas, Indiana, and Nebraska.

There are 5 states with less than 2% points higher turnout than Mississippi.

Mississippi is actually middle of the pack in voter turnout. Do you research anything before you make your claims?

United States Elections Project

What i'm hearing is alot of unsubstantiated opinions from you. Where are your sources?
Then why doesn't anything get done? unless it's aimed at the Retirees?

ONe things for sure, the Retirement community is not the ones' suffereing in Mississippi. it's the Middle class and the working poor.

can you post stats for those?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post
Then why doesn't anything get done?.........
Because from 1875 until this month the state was run by Democrats. We could get a Republican Governor, but both houses of the legislature stayed in Democrat hands.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:40 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,425 times
Quote:
Then why doesn't anything get done? unless it's aimed at the Retirees?

ONe things for sure, the Retirement community is not the ones' suffereing in Mississippi. it's the Middle class and the working poor.

can you post stats for those?
Tell that to the retired Mississippians whose Medicaid was slashed. My grandfather is one of them. He lives very frugally.

Medicaid Cuts Could Leave Tens of Thousands of Mississippians Facing Life-Threatening Health Challenges

Mississippi Governor Made $1.6M Medicaid Cut During FY 2010 | Hospital Management & Administration

Yep, retirees run things here.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Tell that to the retired Mississippians whose Medicaid was slashed. My grandfather is one of them. He lives very frugally.

Medicaid Cuts Could Leave Tens of Thousands of Mississippians Facing Life-Threatening Health Challenges

Mississippi Governor Made $1.6M Medicaid Cut During FY 2010 | Hospital Management & Administration

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Because from 1875 until this month the state was run by Democrats. We could get a Republican Governor, but both houses of the legislature stayed in Democrat hands.
a Republican Gov. won't make a difference.

You just had Haley Barbour, what did he do? exactly, nothing.

Last edited by Truckin; 01-30-2012 at 02:24 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:

They need to get some cuts, finally. But they still influence the candidates heavily, and the course of Mississippi ultimately. It's no secret whose influence is King in Mississippi. And it darn sure ain't the middle class and the working poor. It's the Old Money, that wants to make sure their influence is last influence that's worked in. If it wasn't so, then why does the same old cycle continue? Why is the City council always at a stand still? So many why's? until I got to the point of , WHY am I still liviing here?? which is why I got off my butt and left.

Republican/Democrat has nothing to do with it, both sides are corrupt in Mississippi, imo. I've lived through so many corrupt officials from Governors to Mayors it's useless. I'm convinced that Busch-League Politics is the order of the day and I had enough.

I know you're hoping for one day the officials die off, but I assure they are breeding more inbred thinkers to fill their spots like the ones you want out. Depending on how old you are, you should already know this, and know that it's never gonna change.

One of you said you like it like that. Very telling of the mindset in Mississippi indeed.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,425 times
Quote:

You just had Haley Barbour, what did he do? exatcly, nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I know. He doesn't even know that the Mississippi legislature was democratically controlled until recently. Way over his head. He didn't even comprehend what Listener2307 said.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I know. He doesn't even know that the Mississippi legislature was democratically controlled until recently. Way over his head. He didn't even comprehend what Listener2307 said.

Ok. 44 years of knowing over here. And nothing's change. a party change won't change much...in Mississippi. We all know that.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Mississippi is at poverty level code red.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:38 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:

You just had Haley Barbour, what did he do? exactly, nothing.
Republican governor already did make a difference.

Barbour is the Republican governor who lead Mississippi out of the oppression caused by The Democrats.

Now we can begin anew by teaching everyone that retirement and Medicaid are not synonymous. And I will do my part by demonstrating that truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi