Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 12,966 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to the Gulf Coast area from San Antonio in January. We have searched internet sites over and over and are not coming up with any options for rental homes. Those that we do find, don't return calls or emails. We are a family of six and prefer a 4 bedroom home (3 of the kids are girls). We have a friend who recommends Ocean Spings, but we are finding few rental homes there.

My husband will be working out of Hattiesburg, but from home. He will cover all of the MS Gulf Coast, so he needs to be pretty centrally located.

We also have two competitive swimmers, and it looks like Biloxi will be the best team for them.

Any suggestions for how to find a rental? My husband will be in Gulfport Sun-Wed for formal interviews, but really only has Sunday to house hunt. We are getting desperate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:20 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,102,967 times
Did you try craigslist or local paper, the Sun Herald. Perhaps call a local realtor...there are tons of condos for rent near the beach, so they probably know about homes for rent also

Old 12-05-2011, 08:52 AM

We did try Craigslist, but only came up with a scam and an ad that got no return repsonse. A friend in the area was able to connect us with a real estate agent who has been helpful.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM

8 posts, read 14,125 times
Any luck yet with finding a home to rent? I would suggest living in Woolmarket area or Ocean Springs. I have lived in Mississippi my entire life and I know of several Real estate Brokerages that I can recommend to contact for housing options.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM

6 posts, read 19,885 times
Ocean Springs would be a great choice. Pass Christian is west of Gulfport and might be a better choice. Their schools are routinely the top performing in the state. I'm not sure about the swim team though...you might want to peruse the HS websites. Check out Pass Christian

Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 PM

No luck. After numerous calls, my husband was only able to get confirmation on and see 3 houses. One was already under contract, so I'm not sure why it was shown. One was way further out than would be reasonable, though it was a nice house. The third was OK but very small for a family of six. He said most agents seemed completely uninterested in showing rentals. Not sure what we are going to do. He has to be there on Jan 9th and has to work every weekend between now and then except Christmas weekend. Another trip just isn't possible.

He looked in Ocean Springs, Gautier, and Biloxi. I actually vacationed at a beach house in Pass Christian when I was young. I loved the place, but was wondering if the swim team thing would be too far. It seems the Biloxi Elite team would be best choice. Schools aren't a big deal. We homeschool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi