Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:05 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot474 View Post
But if Mississippi had actual jobs, this topic would of never been bought up in the first place.
I have a job. Anyone else here have one?

Honestly, from what i'm hearing from you, you are calling yourself a pc technician, but your skills aren't developed. I have been in the IT field for 14 years and it sounds like you need to put more work into developing your skillset to get jobs in this field. Either that, or move to another field.

Have you taken my advice and researched the difference between routers, hubs, and switches? IP addresses and subnetting? CAT5 wiring?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk36...800a67f5.shtml

http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.co...Difference.htm

http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5E.aspx

I'm only trying to help. Networking is an obvious shortcoming for you, but if you learn the basics and are able to carry on a conversation with employers it will help you. Obviously, there are many other things to learn, but this would be a good start.

Last edited by jhadorn; 01-22-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 PM

114 posts, read 495,272 times
Well truthfully I have given up on trying to find a job that relates to that, around these parts their is literally no tech shops around, none, their is 3-4 in Hattiesburg but they are mostly a 2nd or 3rd party business that have a main shop and that main shop is in Jackson, MS or somewhere far away. Their is one place in my city I tried to getting into as they hire PC Techs, but they are so **** poor and stupid, they probably will be out of business before long, guys in there couldnt figure out the difference between a case fan and a power supply when I went in there asking for one.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM

200 posts, read 565,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot474 View Post
But if Mississippi had actual jobs, this topic would of never been bought up in the first place.

What do you consider an 'actual job'? I agree that job opportunities are not as plentyful in Mississippi as other states. However, there are jobs. I very much dislike my job for numerous reasons. I hope and pray everyday that I will find a new one. And I have been trying for 3 years. However, I am still going to do my current job to the best of my ability and have faith that it will lead me to something better.

My point is, there are 'actual jobs' out there. It might not be what you want, but they would pay the bills, and if you work hard, will lead to something better. And any job much more respectable than trying to figure out the best way to get more out of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi