U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

169 posts, read 222,995 times

Advertisements

After watching that show "Fat & Fatter" again last night and finding out that half the population of the state is obese. I figured I had to do something, anything...Just do my part to help Mississppi walk away from the cliff of obesity and here it is...

Every 1st Saturday of every month starting THIS weekend!...

"Run around the Capital" every 1st Saturday of the month @7am

For those of you who are willing to fight obesity in Mississippi, whether you're overweight or not, come down to the Old Capital building downtown this Saturday. We are going to run/walk that entire block that the Old Capital sits on, 2 laps(to start). There's 2 straightaways and 2 hills(2 big ones on either side of the Caiptal). As people get their stamina up and weight down each month, add 1 lap or as many as you can handle. the minimum is 2 laps. You can run or walk. JUST GET DOWN HERE! You don't have to wait around on me or anybody, I'm setting this up so people can just do it, get it done and get on with their day...You want Progress?!.. You want excitement?!...You want familly fun?!...you want to burn calories and fat?!!...You need motivation?!!...Well here it is! You have NO EXCUSE not to be healthy now. Parking should be free in the area since it's Saturday. If not, pay it. a couple bucks won't kill you.

We are going to GET UP!..GET OUT!...AND GET FIT MISSISSIPPI!

SEE YOU THERE!!!! RUN AROUND THE CAPITAL!!

----------------------------

*Disclaimer: This is NOT a Flash Mob event, meet & greet, or a Social gathering. It's just a neutral site setup for people to go to safely in the city and run/walk and enjoy life....and lose weight at the same time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,449,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreePress601 View Post
After watching that show "Fat & Fatter" again last night and finding out that half the population of the state is obese.
Math lesson for the day:

34% is not half. Just saying.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Math lesson for the day:

34% is not half. Just saying.
And If just half of that show up it will be a miracle. but one can hope.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Well, NOBODY showed up to the 1st official Run around the Capital. Not that I was expecting a huge turn to begin with, but at least 2-3 people could've came out besides us...NONE.... It was just me, my nephew Jimmy and his dog Sundowwn. We ran/walked 3 laps and packed it in.

Oh well, maybe next month , people have a whole 30 days to build up the courage to burn that fat and get motivated.

SEE YOU IN MAY!!!!... the 5th to be exact.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:18 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,449,575 times
Well, NOBODY showed up to the 1st official Run around the Capital. Not that I was expecting a huge turn to begin with, but at least 2-3 people could've came out besides us...NONE.... It was just me, my nephew Jimmy and his dog Sundowwn. We ran/walked 3 laps and packed it in.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM

3,012 posts, read 4,821,197 times
Quote:

Oh well, maybe next month , people have a whole 30 days to build up the courage to burn that fat and get motivated.

SEE YOU IN MAY!!!!... the 5th to be exact.
If this is the only place where you advertised, then I'm not surprised. Only a few dozen or so people regularly peruse this thread, and those are scattered all over the place. I, for one, am in Chattanooga, and last Saturday I put in 8-hours at work because of a deadline this week.

But good luck for May.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 AM

190 posts, read 664,208 times
Quote:
We ran/walked 3 laps and packed it in.
When you get in decent shape, let us know and I may come join you.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
If this is the only place where you advertised, then I'm not surprised. Only a few dozen or so people regularly peruse this thread, and those are scattered all over the place. I, for one, am in Chattanooga, and last Saturday I put in 8-hours at work because of a deadline this week.

But good luck for May.
Gossip and rumors spread fast in Mississippi. 12 people on this forum can spread the word to 1200 people in 12 nanoseconds in Mississippi even if they don't have a computer.

I told at least 30 people myself offline. just out and about.

Put the excuses aside and let's Run around the Capital!!!

See you in May!!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covedweller View Post
When you get in decent shape, let us know and I may come join you.
I'm in great shape but don't let that discourage you, just think of thinner times when Krystals and Stamps Burgers were a luxury.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post

Please try to cut back on these. they're the problem...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi