U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2006, 08:24 AM

27 posts, read 124,651 times

Advertisements

Which are do you see more fit in raising a family? How far are they apart?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 08:32 AM

113 posts, read 509,237 times
I grew up in Desoto County. Hernado is quaint and small. It has the town square and such. Olive Branch has many more newer businesses coming up and is a becoming the "IT" spot of the county. I believe if it were up to me I would pick Hernando. You may want to look up a map of the county and see which one would be easier for your commute.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 28,368 times
I have lived in memphis + cordova tennessee for almost 9 years and moved to olive branch in dec 2004 and my wife and i love it. She is from here, i am from the chicago area where its tough, i like it alot. People are nice, your always going to find that jerk that dont care about no one but himself/herself and acts like a fool. Nice town, economy is great, schools are great, in fact my sister in law is a teacher at sbec school and her 4 kids go there and are bright kids. My home is 240k @ 3000sq ft with 1 acre land in a great neighboorhood off college road. Good luck

Old 09-30-2006, 12:20 PM

78 posts, read 376,059 times
I am reluctant to encourage anyone to move to Hernando because we are losing our "little" town, but it is a nice place to live. I have lived here over 33 years & use to know virtually everone in town, but no more. Hopefully, the new I-69, opening next week will take some of the traffic off the square.
Low crime, mostly petty stuff, but the city is lax on enforcement such as car tags, handicap parking & in the older part of town let folks park back hoes & RV in their yards.
It is still the "good ole boy" thing as far as enforcement.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,856 times
Which schools are better in Desoto County and how are the Hernando schools?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:07 AM

6 posts, read 54,731 times
I am also looking at moving to the hernando area. My husband, 3 sons, and I are from a small town in Wisconsin. I would like to keep the feel of a small town. I think it is a wonderful environment to raise a family. Any information you could give me on the schools, community events, and any general information about the area would be appreciated.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:30 PM

27 posts, read 143,935 times
If the choice is Olive Branch or Hernando, go with Hernando. I am a lifetime resident of Olive Branch and don't like what I'm seeing Olive Branch turn into. The crime has gone up and we border Memphis if that tells you anything. If you do choose OB stay away from Center Hill Middle/High School!! The principal is too strict and the kids HATE it. Go for OBHS or Lewisberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi